Home

MyTeam Users Are Cheesily Lowering Overall

This is a discussion on MyTeam Users Are Cheesily Lowering Overall within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:00 AM   #1
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
MyTeam Users Are Cheesily Lowering Overall

I recall one specific 2k (can't remember which) when you started to play myteam, you were forced to only play with one gold player, and move your way up the ladder slowly. I didn't particularly like that system because I couldn't play with who I wanted but at least it led to some fairly close competition.

This year, after getting through several grinding challenges I didn't want to do, I finally unlocked the auction house, and without spending any money, I managed to get 10 players between 80-95.

Sadly, as soon as I started playing online, users were starting all 60 rated players to get their overall down, then those same users were moving them to the bench and putting all 99 rated players in.

Can I suggest that we find a more fair matchup system for those of us that won't spend $500 on myteam packs to get all 99 rated players? And is there a way that we can stop rewarding players who cheesily pretend like they have a lower overall, then start all 99 rated players?

Because I played one person who literally shot 3's everytime down the floor nearly from half court. Even with coach settings on smother, double team, etc. nothing stopped 99 rated Stephen Curry from making everything.

The next game, I had the same situation where once again all 99 rated players were on the bench with a cheesy low OVR. Then once again cheese ensued.

I play in play now and I can win 70% of my games with the Sacramento Kings. I go on my team with a good squad and I get blown out.

Yes yes, I know, you can beat any team with some talent. But can we just admit that there is an extremely unfair competitive advantage? Can't we have a REAL OVR system, and just match us up against people within a few points of our overall? Millions are playing this game, we won't have any matchup issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 02:52 AM   #2
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MyTeam Users Are Cheesily Lowering Overall

Jokes on them, matchmaking is broken anyway so you still get matched with 99ovr teams anyway. MyTeam is a different game altogether from PlayNow. Everyone at this point is almost 99 in everything, people can hit 3’s from near halfcourt at a 50+% clip.

They gave up on making it a real competitive mode the second someone decided to start making up ratings for players instead of properly rating them so we get a Shaq with an 80+ 3pt rating and the ability to speedboost and dribble like Kyrie.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:59 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

You know, there are many modes in this game, I'd really like to get into (Park, MyTeam,...). Because they are so catered to the arcade crowd, I just cannot enjoy them at all. Could be so great, if they would play more realistically...
Old 08-08-2019, 03:07 AM   #4
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
You know, there are many modes in this game, I'd really like to get into (Park, MyTeam,...). Because they are so catered to the arcade crowd, I just cannot enjoy them at all. Could be so great, if they would play more realistically...
Can only really play MYTeam competitively some semblance of strategy until around December/January. Then they start releasing all the over rated unrealistic cards that turn the mode into a cheese fest
Old 08-08-2019, 07:09 AM   #5
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

The other trick and much more common is that people only have a god starting 5 and fill the rest with bronze players. By using all timeouts you can play the same 5 players the whole game easily. Overall drops into the 50's and you play scrubs all the time...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #6
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
The other trick and much more common is that people only have a god starting 5 and fill the rest with bronze players. By using all timeouts you can play the same 5 players the whole game easily. Overall drops into the 50's and you play scrubs all the time...
Yeah I think they do this, but you might get an even lower rating by putting the bronze players in the starting lineup, then moving them when the game is loading.

I guess if your team has a lower overall you get a higher multiplier of myteam points.

I've seen these teams play their stars the whole game with no penalty.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:29 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I recall one specific 2k (can't remember which) when you started to play myteam, you were forced to only play with one gold player, and move your way up the ladder slowly. I didn't particularly like that system because I couldn't play with who I wanted but at least it led to some fairly close competition.

This year, after getting through several grinding challenges I didn't want to do, I finally unlocked the auction house, and without spending any money, I managed to get 10 players between 80-95.

Sadly, as soon as I started playing online, users were starting all 60 rated players to get their overall down, then those same users were moving them to the bench and putting all 99 rated players in.

Can I suggest that we find a more fair matchup system for those of us that won't spend $500 on myteam packs to get all 99 rated players? And is there a way that we can stop rewarding players who cheesily pretend like they have a lower overall, then start all 99 rated players?

Because I played one person who literally shot 3's everytime down the floor nearly from half court. Even with coach settings on smother, double team, etc. nothing stopped 99 rated Stephen Curry from making everything.

The next game, I had the same situation where once again all 99 rated players were on the bench with a cheesy low OVR. Then once again cheese ensued.

I play in play now and I can win 70% of my games with the Sacramento Kings. I go on my team with a good squad and I get blown out.

Yes yes, I know, you can beat any team with some talent. But can we just admit that there is an extremely unfair competitive advantage? Can't we have a REAL OVR system, and just match us up against people within a few points of our overall? Millions are playing this game, we won't have any matchup issues.
Youre crying because others can afford something that you can't. Fair is where they judge pigs. Welcome to the real world. If you can't afford it, tough luck.

Now just because someone has a better team than you doesn't mean they're the better user but it sounds like you have a bad team and can't win at all, even at this time of the year where you can buy a opal team for less than 50k.

You might need more practice in the game. No reason for you to be typing an essay on how you lose because of another players team and playstyle. You have no control over what another user does and 2k isn't changing their money making system unless the government steps in. You have two options, practice or throw your game away
Old 08-09-2019, 02:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Here's some great advice: Quit My Team.

Whatever you do, is a waste of time. Your complaints, this thread, constantly changing the settings, etc. It's all a waste of time because what goes on in My Team will never change.I used to play My Team, played it for years all the way up until 2k16. After that I quit because I saw it for what it was. You have to be a 2k GOD to beat these scrubs and their OP bought teams. I mean they have a Shaq that can shoot 3s, what does that tell you?

Save yourself the frustration and quit. Play Now & Jordan Rec with good teammates is MUCH more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Jokes on them, matchmaking is broken anyway so you still get matched with 99ovr teams anyway. MyTeam is a different game altogether from PlayNow. Everyone at this point is almost 99 in everything, people can hit 3’s from near halfcourt at a 50+% clip.

They gave up on making it a real competitive mode the second someone decided to start making up ratings for players instead of properly rating them so we get a Shaq with an 80+ 3pt rating and the ability to speedboost and dribble like Kyrie.
The players is only part of the problem. Things like putting Lebron and Giannas at pg shouldn't be possible. They could also have a Salary Cap section where you really have to think on how to build your team. And the AI defense is TERRIBLE.

My Team is a joke when you think about it, some little Timmy will think is cool. No thought process developing a proper team. Just throw a bunch of superstars on the same roster.

Last edited by ImInThis; 08-09-2019 at 03:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »