Home

Turning off X factor?

This is a discussion on Turning off X factor? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2019, 09:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Turning off X factor?

Has anyone tested with this? I have noticed in my feanchise so far that games against teams with no star QB play a lot more realistic.

Just went up against the browns and my cbs act like they're parapalegics. Mayfield launched a 40 yd pass that WAS triple covered and they all ran away from the ball.

I am starting to suspect the X factor stuff might affect things beyond the abilities stated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Re: Turning off X factor?

I was just asking this. I’d love to turn it off without having to switch sliders around. I’m the browns in CFM, Garrett had 9 sacks in the first game. Was in the zone 4 times

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-08-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Are you referring to turning off "Superstar Abilities"?
Old 08-08-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
Rookie

I think so? I haven't investigated much. I am playing with pats and there arent many superstar abilities. I think just gilmore and brady. I have noticed games against other teams with few to no superstars play really well. Good pass coverage / realistic stats.

But some teams seems like the superstar abilities wreck balance. Against browns every tackle is like a lightning strick of stars lighting up. Had 4 fumbles in first 5 minutes. Cbs literally freeze when they throwing the ball. Mayfield was 32-32 and 400 yd 4 td when i decided some tweaking is necessary.

They already spread out rankings so it seems the x factor crap is overkill. I am thinking of restarting franchise with those off to see how it goes.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

That's your decision but keep in mind that the "x-factor" things don't seem to really be the concern I'm hearing from people the most. It's really the "enforcer" ability which allows a defender to hit stick every time they tackle and increases their fumble chance by a RIDICULOUS margin.

If you turn off the super star abilities then you'll be losing a lot of really cool stuff, not just "in the zone" abilities but also all the passive abilities that a lot of guys have too. I would read the write up below before I just "turned them off" entirely. At least take the time to research what you're sacrificing just so you can run up the middle against enforcer LB's. I kind of like that I have to adjust my gameplan. Stud players can and will take away parts of the field and like every good coach in the NFL does when they have to go up against a Luke Kuechly or an Aaron Donald (not an enforcer but a good example of how stud players should be gameplanned around), you have to adjust. Always have multiple ways to win a game.

https://www.gameinformer.com/guide/t...perstars-guide

Last edited by Theseos; 08-08-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 11:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseos
That's your decision but keep in mind that the "x-factor" things don't seem to really be the concern I'm hearing from people the most. It's really the "enforcer" ability which allows a defender to hit stick every time they tackle and increases their fumble chance by a RIDICULOUS margin.

If you turn off the super star abilities then you'll be losing a lot of really cool stuff, not just "in the zone" abilities but also all the passive abilities that a lot of guys have too. I would read the write up below before I just "turned them off" entirely. At least take the time to research what you're sacrificing just so you can run up the middle against enforcer LB's. I kind of like that I have to adjust my gameplan. Stud players can and will take away parts of the field and like every good coach in the NFL does when they have to go up against a Luke Kuechly or an Aaron Donald (not an enforcer but a good example of how stud players should be gameplanned around), you have to adjust. Always have multiple ways to win a game.

https://www.gameinformer.com/guide/t...perstars-guide
Those players also already have a 10pt rating advantage though? The AI is clearly bugging out with qb superstars. Wouldn't surprise me if blocking is bugged out when up against superstar de / lb, tackling messed up on superstar rb, etc.

Probably worth testing is all.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

actually players can start getting superstar abilities as early as 60ovr...it's not just for the elites...again...your game, do what you want but I'd strongly advise you to research it before you tinker with it. Check out Geodude's description of Superstar abilities too:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...hise-tips.html

P.S.
I'm nowhere near ready to concede that the "AI is clearly bugged out for superstar QBs"...I have not seen that. I've seen where poor pressure/coverage/play calling has made subpar QBs look great....but that happens in real life. And I've seen guys like Tom Brady go on a freaking tear and make my defense look helpless....also happens in real life. Maybe my 24+ games using armor and swords sliders (15min quarters) isn't a large enough sample size but I'm just not having the same issue you guys are.

Last edited by Theseos; 08-08-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseos
actually players can start getting superstar abilities as early as 60ovr...it's not just for the elites...again...your game, do what you want but I'd strongly advise you to research it before you tinker with it. Check out Geodude's description of Superstar abilities too:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...hise-tips.html

P.S.
I'm nowhere near ready to concede that the "AI is clearly bugged out for superstar QBs"...I have not seen that. I've seen where poor pressure/coverage/play calling has made subpar QBs look great....but that happens in real life. And I've seen guys like Tom Brady go on a freaking tear and make my defense look helpless....also happens in real life. Maybe my 24+ games using armor and swords sliders (15min quarters) isn't a large enough sample size but I'm just not having the same issue you guys are.
I assume that means you're on all pro. I am on all-madden. I'm seeing average completion rates in the mid to high 90's for both sides. The only thing that keeps most games from being a scorefest is fumble turnovers in the red zone.

Ive screwed around with this a bit and its easy to test. Load up a superstar qb, call verticles, toss to end zone, will be a td 99% of the time (on all madden). Even if its quadruple covered the cbs will literally walk away from the receiver. Does not happen with bad qbs.

I have to believe the weirdness in AI is affecting other supersrar types of matchups as well. In the other thread folks are saying this completely saved the game for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »