Home

Scrambling QBs mostly get RB super star abilities

This is a discussion on Scrambling QBs mostly get RB super star abilities within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2019, 01:16 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Scrambling QBs mostly get RB super star abilities

And it sucks!

I've spent the last few hours trying everything I can to develop a scrambling QB with traits useful for the position, but for whatever reason the game gives scrambling QBs traits much closer to running backs instead of other scrambling QBs like Russel Wilson, Lamar Jackson, etc.

There are some great traits for scrambling QBs that make them game changers, but the game forces you to get traits for better hurdles and jokes and maybe only 1 trait that's truly useful for scrambling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2019, 01:20 AM   #2
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Scrambling QBs mostly get RB super star abilities

they really need to let us choose them on top of automatically handing them out based on archetype. Im sure theres a reason behind it, nothing with Tiburon is ever easy.
Old 08-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #3
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

It's to do with the archetype and attributes. Leap frog develops on high BCV qbs, which often means scramblers. If you can improve their primary archetype to another (like Improviser) and "reroll" them, you may land different abilities and all further abilities gained will be that archetype.

If you don't mind a bit more editing, then edit the attributes up or down (like BCV down, TUP up), then "reroll" them, there should be different abilities and you can then edit the player back. However, if you then earn more qb slots (xfactor at 60, 70, 80, 90 and 95ovr) you'll develop further scrambling abilities.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=956073

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-11-2019, 03:39 PM   #4
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
It's to do with the archetype and attributes. Leap frog develops on high BCV qbs, which often means scramblers. If you can improve their primary archetype to another (like Improviser) and "reroll" them, you may land different abilities and all further abilities gained will be that archetype.

If you don't mind a bit more editing, then edit the attributes up or down (like BCV down, TUP up), then "reroll" them, there should be different abilities and you can then edit the player back. However, if you then earn more qb slots (xfactor at 60, 70, 80, 90 and 95ovr) you'll develop further scrambling abilities.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=956073

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Yes sir, understood. I dont have an issue with that. Keep that system for people who want to naturally develop their players, it's not a terrible system. I think it should be open to editing for anyone that wants to have their own choice of abilities though for their superstars.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:11 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Here's a trick I found to reroll and get the better scrambling QB traits (fast break/escape artist)

I didn't just reroll, I edited my player down to 79 and kept him as an improviser instead (they have some of the best traits no matter the build in Gambler, and Last ditch) This gave me 2 solid improviser triats and Gambler as my X factor, I'd have preferred to have first one free, but Gambler is actually super useful so I'll stick with it.

The 3rd trait for every auto-generated X factor QB is either clutch or homer, this doesn't seem to change no matter the archetype. I tried over an over but it was always those two.

So then now with my QB at 79 ovr I re-edited his ratings so that scrambler was the 79 overall. this doesn't change the skills he already has. Then I just souped up QB XP and put him as a focus player and simmed a game or two. This got him to 80 and his 3rd bonus perk (homer or clutch). Then I edited him up to 85 (or 90 I can't remember when you get your 4th perk with a qb) for scrabmler which garunteed that the next unlock would be a scrambler perk. I got fast break (i think that 's the name, the perk that gives faster animations on designed QB runs), which is a very useful perk for a dual threat Qb. I then repeated the process at level 95 and got escape artist, which is a serious game changer for a mobile Qb.

My problem is that a guy like Lamar Jackson has those 2 scrambler perks in the beginning. And really, even though those perks can be huge game changers, they are the most baseline abilities that mobile QBs have at a low level. I shouldn't have to get to level 95 for them. Meanwhile roaming dead eye, a very useful trait is avaialble to improviser QBs at level 70.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »