Home

Rock rock rock

This is a discussion on Rock rock rock within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rock rock rock

So I recently made the switch to the PS4 from the Xbox and didn’t rebuy UFC so I haven’t played in probably 9 months. Yesterday I decided to subscribe to ea access and started playing again and quickly remembered one of the worst parts of the game. The all too frequent rocks.

It seems you can hardly get through a round without at least one rock or knockdown even when trying to play conservatively. And then sometimes it’s like every strike that lands leads to a rock and you have like 4 or 5 a piece in a round. The frequency is far too high and it really makes them feel completely meaningless because it’s so easy to survive.

UFC 4 needs to address this and lower the frequency of rocks but make them much more consequential. The rocks should be like a once or twice per fight event most of the time and should feel like you’re in serious danger. There will be a knockdown and the guy just gets right back up. How it is now just takes me out of it.

Unrelated notes, the AI is also almost impossible to hit with body punches. Always have a perfect counter even when set up and you can almost never land one clean. Also, they are far too willing to engage and will always throw strikes the moment you step on range.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Rock rock rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
So I recently made the switch to the PS4 from the Xbox and didn’t rebuy UFC so I haven’t played in probably 9 months. Yesterday I decided to subscribe to ea access and started playing again and quickly remembered one of the worst parts of the game. The all too frequent rocks.

It seems you can hardly get through a round without at least one rock or knockdown even when trying to play conservatively. And then sometimes it’s like every strike that lands leads to a rock and you have like 4 or 5 a piece in a round. The frequency is far too high and it really makes them feel completely meaningless because it’s so easy to survive.

UFC 4 needs to address this and lower the frequency of rocks but make them much more consequential. The rocks should be like a once or twice per fight event most of the time and should feel like you’re in serious danger. There will be a knockdown and the guy just gets right back up. How it is now just takes me out of it.

Unrelated notes, the AI is also almost impossible to hit with body punches. Always have a perfect counter even when set up and you can almost never land one clean. Also, they are far too willing to engage and will always throw strikes the moment you step on range.
What difficulty level are you playing at and who did you fight?
Old 08-12-2019, 04:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What difficulty level are you playing at and who did you fight?
On Pro against Hooker, Alves, Diakiese, and Wineland.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
On Pro against Hooker, Alves, Diakiese, and Wineland.
Thanks. I dont have the issues you have with body shots and I play exclusively on Pro. Especially if I mix body shots in with combos.

Hooker, Alves, Diakiese all have either striker or brawler generic tendencies which seem to push forward alot. Im surprised to see that Wineland is always willing to exchange because his tendency is set to fight outside and use movement more often than not.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:40 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thanks. I dont have the issues you have with body shots and I play exclusively on Pro. Especially if I mix body shots in with combos.

Hooker, Alves, Diakiese all have either striker or brawler generic tendencies which seem to push forward alot. Im surprised to see that Wineland is always willing to exchange because his tendency is set to fight outside and use movement more often than not.
I don’t know what it is about the body punches but the ai always seems to have perfect counters for it, constantly throw an uppercut with perfect timing even in midst of a combo. I’ll try to do real set ups I use when I box and have success with but they almost always read it perfectly. I understand it’s probably impossible to condition an ai to react how you want as you can with a human but it’s frustrating to feel like they are just reading your inputs and there’s nothing you can do.

As far as Wineland goes he might have hung back a bit more than push the action but once I stepped in range he like the others seemed very eager to exchange.

The problem for me seems to be a large chunk the ai appear to all too willing to get in a fire fight when you step in range and immediately fire off shots once you’re there. They also mostly seem to have an unwillingness to disengage and I find myself often having to be the one to step back because they don’t want to give an inch even if losing an exchange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #6
Rookie

i agree rocks are way too frequent especially when u consider how u can just spam combos nonstop

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »