Home

Madden NFL 20 Has Biggest Ever Digital Launch in its First Week

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Has Biggest Ever Digital Launch in its First Week within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2019, 10:58 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 20 Has Biggest Ever Digital Launch in its First Week

It seems like the news is pretty good for Madden on the sales front: "EA SPORTS...

Written By: Raychel Sanner

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 11:49 PM   #2
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Has Biggest Ever Digital Launch in its First Week

Yikes......

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 08-13-2019, 12:58 AM   #3
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

In glad face of the franchise is acknowledged. They really need to expand on it. IMO, development and new ideas in franchise mode, face of the franchise, H2H, and MUT can all benefit from one another.

I've always wondered if all of the giveaway digital copies are excluded from the sales though. Ever since Twitter and streaming got Popular, Seems like each year more and more people get codes.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-13-2019, 01:34 AM   #4
Banned

I think thats big lie..to a track consumers to buy the game.. Madden 20 is the same game as last year with minors additions not going for it this year.. Madden needs to step up as AAA game they're not doing enough to justify a $60 price tag. Ill pass...
Old 08-13-2019, 01:55 AM   #5
Rookie

This likely shows why they don't invest much in developing those little details in franchise further than they are now. Majority of players don't care. They play the game because they love football and Madden is the game for that. They also more than likely play H2H and MUT in which case gameplay is their main want. There is no denying that this is the best on the field gameplay that Madden has put out when you combine all of the aspects like motion, graphics, X-Factors, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 02:05 AM   #6
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1
I'm sorry that I contributed to this. The AI in Franchise is bad and that is very frustrating for me. There has been little to no change to make Franchise more compelling. I basically have stopped playing the game. I have tried to be positive but EA clearly is content being a monopoly and, as long as they keep making money hand over fist, they will. I can only dream about NFL2K21 for next year....
Old 08-13-2019, 05:30 AM   #7
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
miguelitoKache could be right and I wouldn't be suprised if EA pulled a lie to get more sales of the game going.

I wasn't one of those fans to get the game in my hands and I know friends who skipped this Madden version as well. I'm sticking with Madden 19 (free on EA Access). The changes/additions made to the game are not enough for me to fork over $79.99 CDN. I'm sorry.

dtlm6is right about the franchise mode. It needs an overhaul. It's getting stale. NFL2K5 has the better franchise mode (and gameplay btw.) and that game came out 15 years ago!! LOL. Come on EA!

EA thanks for killing 2K when you signed that exclusivity. You robbed us of a great football game. I think I'll boycott your sports games going forward. Your NHL series has the same problem as well. I'd like to see what they say about the NHL20 once it releases. I bet we get another article saying how NHL20 has the biggest ever digital launch in its first week. lol...

Last edited by Peter_OS; 08-13-2019 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:57 AM   #8
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

EA did everything right... Madden 21 will be another minor update and CFM will remain the same crap, i'm sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »