Home

NCAA 13 or 14?

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 or 14? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #1
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3
NCAA 13 or 14?

About to get my ps3 fixed, its been awhile, but what where the positives and negatives between NCAA 13 & NCAA 14?, one negative I remember from 14, was that RB hardly if ever fumbled but I believe special teams play was better in 14, just off the top of my head. Would appreciate any thoughts.

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 13 or 14?

I have spent time playing both over the last year. The biggest complaint people seem to have about 13 is the DB glitch on passing plays over the top where the safety just completely blows coverage leaving guys open downfield.

I personally didnt find it that bad. There are a couple of plays to avoid calling (4 verticals) that can avoid most of that in my opinion. I thought 13 played fairly well otherwise.

On the field 14 plays really well. Some people feel the game is too shootout heavy, but I have had a wide variety of games ranging from 47-44 shootouts to 19-14 battles.

The read option is better in 14 and you can run about any type of offense you want, which you can't necessarily say for the older games. But getting penalties called in 14 is a pain. Injuries are rare without adjusting ratings, and recruiting is much more simplistic.

I like 14, but its flaws are starting to annoy me. Mainly around stadium atmosphere, penalties, and recruiting. Earlier games in the series were so much better on those things.

Alot of people love 12. I am debating picking that up to give it a go myself. And honestly, if 11 allowed custom conferences the way that 12 through 14 do that's the one I'd play.

I know you specifically asked about 13 and 14 though. For me personally, the on field play of 14 is better. 13 has better recruiting, atmosphere (if only because of pregame and entrances), and injuries and penalties have felt more real to me in 13. And 13 has the DB glitch, which for me hasn't been a huge deal, but it may be for you.

Plusses and minuses on both really.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #3
Pro

I never owned '13, but out of the other PS3 versions, I'd highly recommend '12. '14 is okay, a good second option. As for why, we've laid out a bunch of reasons here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ncaa-12-a.html

Like I said in a conversation with Young, I find '12 to be almost perfect out of the box. Either way, I definitely think it's easier to limit the defense on '12 than it is to try and create some sense of defense on '14.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #4
MVP

pinbw's Arena

If you care about this years latest Season rosters, then NCAA 14 is the way to go.
But I try to keep NCAA 13 alive with Roster Conversions, for those who like that game (I like the intros better too).
But I don't always convert rosters frequently so support is greatest for NCAA 14.
UPDATE: A NEW UPDATE for NCAA 13 & 14 rosters is >> HERE

-And because there is so much interest here for 12. I spent hours on a Friday night converting a new roster for it. I became inspired & determined to make an NCAA12 roster update for 2019-20. I plan to release it Saturday. It will be playable but have the same issues of buggy/wrong overall ratings on many players.Update: and dynasty freeze issues exist...not completely sure how to fix this yet....
------------
As far as issues with how it plays, I just accept the flaws of each game. I've seen people prefer NCAA 12 the most between NCAA 12,13,14.

_-----------------_
But NCAA 12 has the least support for roster conversion because:
-there is only a maximum player count of 68 players per team while NCAA 13 and 14 had 69 player rosters. This contributed to conversions not being easily made ; And if you try converting the rosters, then it would freeze on startup due to Face data from NCAA 14.
-So the Face data of players does not translate from 14 to 12 during conversions. In roster conversions, either I have to omit the face data or try using a math ratio to lower the face data numbers, but this all still resulted in a buggy roster in the way players are rated. It is also very time consuming making all of this for 8000+ players.

Update: I will update 12 soon.

Last edited by pinbw; 10-14-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Honestly, I have been playing 13 for the last couple of weeks. I found a good slider set and it had been great! I got so tired of 14 slider adjustments. then the robo QB etc.

I found that if i dont audible the WR routes, it is much harder of a game. the running game is very difficult.

defensively, i am 3rd in rushing at 32 in passing running a 3-4.

i just miss the intros to much to go to 14. plus the recruiting for me is more in depth than 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 12:59 PM   #6
MVP

Personally, I thought 14 was terrible back then and I still think it is now. Pass coverage was horrendous, physics were completely non-existent in that game (small guys running over big guys, RB’s almost always fell forward no matter what), option defense was completely broken, all sorts of bad stuff going on with that game. The biggest positive was that Dynasty mode was really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2019, 08:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTATE12
Honestly, I have been playing 13 for the last couple of weeks. I found a good slider set and it had been great! I got so tired of 14 slider adjustments. then the robo QB etc.

I found that if i dont audible the WR routes, it is much harder of a game. the running game is very difficult.

defensively, i am 3rd in rushing at 32 in passing running a 3-4.

i just miss the intros to much to go to 14. plus the recruiting for me is more in depth than 14.
What slider set are you using on 13? How are penalties and injuries for you?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinbw
If you care about this years latest Season rosters, then NCAA 14 is the way to go.
But I try to keep NCAA 13 alive with Roster Conversions, for those who like that game (I like the intros better too).
But I don't always convert rosters frequently so support is greatest for NCAA 14.
UPDATE: A NEW UPDATE for NCAA 13 & 14 rosters is >> HERE

-And because there is so much interest here for 12. I spent hours on a Friday night converting a new roster for it. I became inspired & determined to make an NCAA12 roster update for 2019-20. I plan to release it Saturday. It will be playable but have the same issues of buggy/wrong overall ratings on many players.
------------
As far as issues with how it plays, I just accept the flaws of each game. I've seen people prefer NCAA 12 the most between NCAA 12,13,14.

_-----------------_
But NCAA 12 has the less support for roster conversion because:
-there is only a maximum player count of 68 players per team while NCAA 13 and 14 had 69 player rosters. This contributed to conversions not being easily made ; And if you try converting the rosters, then it would freeze on startup due to Face data from NCAA 14.
-So the Face data of players does not translate from 14 to 12 during conversions. In roster conversions, either I have to omit the face data or try using a math ratio to lower the face data numbers, but this all still resulted in a buggy roster in the way players are rated. It is also very time consuming making all of this for 8000+ players.

Update: I will update 12 soon.

Gotta agree with ya there. I wish ‘14 had 12 and 13’s intros

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »