Home

GRID Video - Featuring F1 World Champion & Race Consultant, Fernando Alonso

This is a discussion on GRID Video - Featuring F1 World Champion & Race Consultant, Fernando Alonso within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
GRID Video - Featuring F1 World Champion & Race Consultant, Fernando Alonso

Deep Silver has released a new trailer for Codemasters’ GRID, featuring two-time F1 World Champion, Fernando...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: GRID Video - Featuring F1 World Champion & Race Consultant, Fernando Alonso

I'm never going to be sold on a racing game via a chase, or mostly chase cam video. Sadly, most of the developers and publishers of racing games are still stuck in this rut of showing them from that perspective!?
Old 08-18-2019, 08:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I would assume that it is a telemetry thing. I bet the vast majority of racing gamers use the chase the cam.

Hell, while I am in cockpit view 90% of the time in Forza proper, I suspect that number is closer to 25% in Horizon. I choose cam based on the context of the challenge, and in Horizon, chase cam makes many of the challenges easier to do, and it still flipping amazing.

A lot of the time, it is more fun to see your car doing the things you are doing, which is what made the cost and hassle of 4K and HDR worth it. GRID seems like it will tilt enough at the arcade side that I wouldn't be surprised if my cockpit view was closer to 60% of the time.

Mainly, I choose a camera by what feels and looks best. I have no intent to fight the camera out of some cockpit view purity. I suspect the vast majority of gamers never use the cockpit view, to be honest, especially outside of Forza, Gran truism, and other more sim oriented racers. Even in those games, I bet chase cam is still the most commonly used cam.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:58 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Some Googlefu pulled this up.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-were-british

Quote:
In-car view is out, after Codemasters' research discovered that 95 per cent of players use chase or bonnet cameras to play.
It seems like this version of GRID will have incar view, but I suspect it is still a far from popular mode.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:01 PM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Some Googlefu pulled this up.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-were-british

It seems like this version of GRID will have incar view, but I suspect it is still a far from popular mode.
Yeah, I always knew the chase camera was more popular, and that cockpit view was down to between 5 and 10%. I can go with bonnet/hood cam along with cockpit view. I don't use cockpit view in F1 2019 because it's so restrictive, I use the TV pod cam there.

The reason I hate the chase cam is that it makes the car look like it's pivoting on a center mounted pole and makes it feel and look less immersive.

I just wish the videos they make of these would give those who don't use chase cam a longer glimpse of what the game looks like from the bonnet/hood cam and the cockpit cam. They often just flash them up for a few frames and it's hard to gauge what they really look like, in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »