Home

PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting?

This is a discussion on PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2019, 07:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting?

I played the hell out of NCAA Football 06 when it came out and over the last few months on emulator (I still have my disc!). I've also dabbled in '11 but it seems the recuruting classes in it are wonky. I lack the time to play "every down" like 06 requires. What NCAA for PS2 has supersim AND decent recruiting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 08:19 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: PS2 NCAA with supersim and good recruiting?

EDIT: Guess they do have supersim, from 09 onward. They disable Campus Challenge though, which is why I guess I never used them.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 08-16-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloaf
I played the hell out of NCAA Football 06 when it came out and over the last few months on emulator (I still have my disc!). I've also dabbled in '11 but it seems the recuruting classes in it are wonky. I lack the time to play "every down" like 06 requires. What NCAA for PS2 has supersim AND decent recruiting?
'09 PS2 had super sim. It's probably my second favorite NCAA ever. I honestly don't remember about the recruiting, but the on-field stuff was great.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

still play NCAA11 on PS2. In my opinion the most slept on and best NCAA football game.
gameplay,animations, penalties that work and are called, (broadcast camera), recruiting, player violations, elite players and teams are noticeable,team probations, etc .
Old 08-16-2019, 11:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Tril, I was reading that the recruiting gets wonky with 4-5 star QB's and WR's all over the place but only 1-3 star lineman. Is that true? I might go with 08 even though it doesn't have supersim because I loved Madden 08 on PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 11:12 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloaf
Tril, I was reading that the recruiting gets wonky with 4-5 star QB's and WR's all over the place but only 1-3 star lineman. Is that true? I might go with 08 even though it doesn't have supersim because I loved Madden 08 on PS2.
as far as the user, no. because you are only allotted a certain amount of recruiting hours. I find the recruiting challenging, if you arent a top program. building a program does take time.

as far as the cpu controlled teams- I cant speak on that.

there are alot of good wide outs in the game but the defense is stout enough and its easy to key on players defensively.

Last edited by tril; 08-16-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #7
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Play UCLA vs SMU and you’ll see why NCAA ‘11 sucks. Graphics dept. phoned that summabitch in. UCLA looks like they have brown pants with lingerie over top. SMU (and many others) have a weird conference patch glitch; it’s like they didn’t take off the patch from previous uniforms when they updated so they’re on top of each other. Maybe there’s an editor fix, but I doubt it.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:54 PM   #8
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Play UCLA vs SMU and you’ll see why NCAA ‘11 sucks. Graphics dept. phoned that summabitch in. UCLA looks like they have brown pants with lingerie over top. SMU (and many others) have a weird conference patch glitch; it’s like they didn’t take off the patch from previous uniforms when they updated so they’re on top of each other. Maybe there’s an editor fix, but I doubt it.
Yeah I switched to 10 on the emulator because of this but it is just cosmetic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »