Home

Excitement is building for this game

This is a discussion on Excitement is building for this game within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #1
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Excitement is building for this game

It has been a long time since I've felt a real sense of excitement around an upcoming sports release. The days of lining up for the midnight release of NCAA or Madden are gone. The drive to find every bit of information about the upcoming title is lacking. This has been due largely to Madden being the only game in town. The larger problem is due Madden being "by the numbers" year after year and little exciting is being added to modes I care about.

Enter Doug Flutie's Maximum Football Football's upcoming new release. They are bringing back college football to the video game community for the first time since EA Sport's NCAA Football 2014. With it, there is something new in the air and my excitement level for a sports title is somewhere it hasn't been in a long while.

Sure the game doesn't feature the true licensed schools. But you know what, that's adding to my excitement. I'm enjoying watching the "team reveal" videos. It is bringing me back to my old Bill Walsh days on the Sega. The names are pretty fun and I might not even edit them myself due how much I'm enjoying them.

Also, the information on the Dynasty mode also is adding more excitement. The NCAA was so restrictive they wouldn't allow things like suspensions to remain. It is going to be interesting to see where they go without the NCAA's over controlling hand watching over everything.

Also, this team is giving us a full 130 teams. They could have used the lack of a license as an excuse to put out a smaller amount. They didn't. This means if you're a fan of D1 FBS team your team will be represented in some fashion.

Again, this is an independent company and we cannot expect the game to be as smooth as the last in the NCAA series at launch. But if we support them they can keep growing. Also, I know they will still have a heart and passion for the project. Some of EA's guys may still have it but the company ties their hands with bottom lines.

I can't wait to see the promised trailer. Once it drops it will add to my excitement. This game should be fun if nothing else and maybe, just maybe it will catch fire with the college football crowd. It would be nice if the buzz is great enough EA actually has to take notice and stop being so by the numbers.

All in all I'm excited for this game. And that is something I've not been for a sports title in several year.

Last edited by thescoop; 08-20-2019 at 12:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Excitement is building for this game

I really want to be excited about this but the lack of any news regarding gameplay has me skeptical. I've been hurt too many times to allow myself to be hurt again. I got my heart broke with BCFX, Back Breaker, All-pro 2k8 with no franchise mode, Axis and so on... I'm willing to open up my game station to something new, but I can't help but be a little gun shy. The highlighting of equipment and brand name footballs and nothing about gameplay or options has me on the ropes.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:09 PM   #3
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugsbunny
I really want to be excited about this but the lack of any news regarding gameplay has me skeptical. I've been hurt too many times to allow myself to be hurt again. I got my heart broke with BCFX, Back Breaker, All-pro 2k8 with no franchise mode, Axis and so on... I'm willing to open up my game station to something new, but I can't help but be a little gun shy. The highlighting of equipment and brand name footballs and nothing about gameplay or options has me on the ropes.
Our gameplay trailer will be up on YouTube in the next few days.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 08-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #4
Rookie

seaside24's Arena

I just miss college sports games period.

I'm really excited to grab this game and support the developers.

I wish this game had the old sporting news type dynasty articles you got with NCAA football from PS2 days that would be cool.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #5
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Our gameplay trailer will be up on YouTube in the next few days.
Spear,

I'm looking forward to seeing it. This is some cool news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 05:48 PM   #6
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugsbunny
I get what you're saying. I'm willing to give them a shot due to all the other info they've given us. Plus the fact this is year three I'm hoping they've had time to get some of the gameplay issues sorted out.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:17 PM   #7
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

Gameplay footage dropped on Patreon. Drop a couple of bucks and watch!
Old 08-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
... The names are pretty fun and I might not even edit them myself due how much I'm enjoying them.
I'm with you, I'm enjoying the names and logos. I wasn't sure what to expect before the reveals, but seeing as it's pretty easy to identify who the teams are meant to be, I might edit some team names and just leave the logos as is for the most part. Really looking forward to this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »