Home

Whats Your Scheme

This is a discussion on Whats Your Scheme within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Whats Your Scheme

Anybody care to share what schemes they are running this year? Types of Players you need? I'm running a Power Spread Offense that includes a strong arm, dual threat QB. The scheme revolves around a Big, Mean Offensive Line that are dominantly run blockers, that pull, with the LT only being the true Pass Blocker. Deep Threat Wideouts to prevent a team from stacking the box and a brusier running back that can go to work vs a light box. Pure blocking TE so I can use him as more beef for the run.

Core Plays are Traps, Counters, Read RPO's. My passing game is 90% hot routes based off a pre snap look where I look to get deep first with Streaks and Comeback Routes, and second with Mesh concepts and slants...

Defensively we run a Qtrs/Split Field Scheme from a 2 High look. I try to keep it simple with guys on the defense having one job so they can play faster. My DEs pure pass rushers, DT pure run stuffers, the MLB is the one true LB in on the field, my OLB must be fast and good in coverage, I convert a lot of SS to OLBs. My corners good press, more zone than man, and hybrid Safeties who can do a bit everything, but mainly play good zone too...

Base Stuff is 35% Cover 4... and more Cover 6 due to the field alignment and the hashmarks. Wen we man up, we bring heat. Lot of Cover 0 Blitz to force the ball out quickly and possibly create TOs

Last edited by DSonTL; 08-22-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 03:21 PM   #2
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Whats Your Scheme

I'm running a Multiple Zone Run scheme using the Dolphins default playbook. Vertical Zone Run is a better scheme fit with my team but I'm waiting to draft my A+ throwing power QB before I switch.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
Anybody care to share what schemes they are running this year? Types of Players you need? I'm running a Power Spread Offense that includes a strong arm, dual threat QB. The scheme revolves around a Big, Mean Offensive Line that are dominantly run blockers, that pull, with the LT only being the true Pass Blocker. Deep Threat Wideouts to prevent a team from stacking the box and a brusier running back that can go to work vs a light box. Pure blocking TE so I can use him as more beef for the run.

Core Plays are Traps, Counters, Read RPO's. My passing game is 90% hot routes based off a pre snap look where I look to get deep first with Streaks and Comeback Routes, and second with Mesh concepts and slants...

Defensively we run a Qtrs/Split Field Scheme from a 2 High look. I try to keep it simple with guys on the defense having one job so they can play faster. My DEs pure pass rushers, DT pure run stuffers, the MLB is the one true LB in on the field, my OLB must be fast and good in coverage, I convert a lot of SS to OLBs. My corners good press, more zone than man, and hybrid Safeties who can do a bit everything, but mainly play good zone too...

Base Stuff is 35% Cover 4... and more Cover 6 due to the field alignment and the hashmarks. Wen we man up, we bring heat. Lot of Cover 0 Blitz to force the ball out quickly and possibly create TOs
Do you have a playbook? Sounds fun.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #4
MVP

I'm running a Vertical Power Scheme with the Colts. Drafted a Superstar RG to add to an already nasty offensive line, let Mack wall at the end of his contract and drafted a power back in the first round to replace him. Parris Campbell has progressed nicely and is a second deep threat alongside TY Hilton and Ebron is just a beast in a system like that. I run a lot of power runs and throw deep when the box is stacked, plus lots of play action.

I've just started year three and have just transitioned to a 3-4 after playing Cover 4 in years 1 and 2. I liked cover 4 but I drafted a star and superstar on the defensive line in year one and they ended up being more suited to a 3-4 so I've slowly transitioned. Picked up Zadarius Smith in the off-season to play opposite kemoko turay. Any tips for playing 3-4?
Old 08-23-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

West Coast offense....I use a custom playbook that is filled with all the compression sets I can find (both undercenter and gun). In the gun portion of my book, I am a big fan of the split back sets and various empty sets.

Passing relies on all the staple WCO concepts (Mesh, Spot, Drive, Texas, etc....). In my run game I am pretty multiple with Stretch being my number 1, but I also run a ton of Power since the Power PA (aka Spider Y Banana) is a favorite play pass of mine. When I have a QB capable, I will also use a little option game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2019, 09:45 AM   #6
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Jets

Multiple power run, Pats playbook

Base 4-3, Saints playbook
Old 01-31-2020, 09:22 PM   #7
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

With Derrick Henry's new X-factor status, I started a Titans franchise and am running what I like to call the "90-minute offense" as in send the folks home in less than 2 hours.

I mean to revolutionize the way modern football is played by literally speeding the game up by slowing it down. From the first snap I set the huddle option to "chew clock" and snap the ball at 1 second every down. The emphasis is getting the first down and JUST the first down with the goal to limit the opponent to 1 possession per half. "That's crazy" you say. Crazy like a fox. Once a first down is gained the ball handler goes down instead of getting extra yardage or even going for the score. One of my signature plays on 1st and goal at the 1 yard line is to take 3 straight QB kneels. At the very least, I'm coming away with 3 points but more importantly I've killed 2 minutes off the clock.

Our motto is "Play like you're ahead, even if you're not." Within reason of course. If I'm down by two scores in the second half I might mix things up by throwing a forward pass here or there.

Seriously though, I think this approach can work. I just beat the Browns in the season opener 24-13 limiting them to under 200 yards offense. Derrick Henry outgained the entire Browns offense with 40 rushes for 200 yards.

This style of play may put the viewers to sleep but so will a choke hold which is the aim here. The clock is our 12th man.

But then I'm probably going to get bored of this by the 3rd game and start over with a no huddle run and shoot.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:51 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
With Derrick Henry's new X-factor status, I started a Titans franchise and am running what I like to call the "90-minute offense" as in send the folks home in less than 2 hours.

I mean to revolutionize the way modern football is played by literally speeding the game up by slowing it down. From the first snap I set the huddle option to "chew clock" and snap the ball at 1 second every down. The emphasis is getting the first down and JUST the first down with the goal to limit the opponent to 1 possession per half. "That's crazy" you say. Crazy like a fox. Once a first down is gained the ball handler goes down instead of getting extra yardage or even going for the score. One of my signature plays on 1st and goal at the 1 yard line is to take 3 straight QB kneels. At the very least, I'm coming away with 3 points but more importantly I've killed 2 minutes off the clock.

Our motto is "Play like you're ahead, even if you're not." Within reason of course. If I'm down by two scores in the second half I might mix things up by throwing a forward pass here or there.

Seriously though, I think this approach can work. I just beat the Browns in the season opener 24-13 limiting them to under 200 yards offense. Derrick Henry outgained the entire Browns offense with 40 rushes for 200 yards.

This style of play may put the viewers to sleep but so will a choke hold which is the aim here. The clock is our 12th man.

But then I'm probably going to get bored of this by the 3rd game and start over with a no huddle run and shoot.
I ran something along these lines years ago in NCAA when I was coaching a one star San Diego State program. I was pretty good on defense so my offense’s only job was to stay out of the way and not mess up. I was less focused on time of possession though and more focused on not making mistakes. 3rd and 17 and I’m coming out in the Maryland I and handing the ball off and then punting. I’d throw maybe 5 passes per game, mostly screens

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »