Home

NBA 2k20 Demo: Why Can't I Test a My Player at different/Max 99 Overall?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k20 Demo: Why Can't I Test a My Player at different/Max 99 Overall? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2019, 06:52 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NBA 2k20 Demo: Why Can't I Test a My Player at different/Max 99 Overall?

Why Can't I Test a My Player at different/Max 99 Overall?

It's simple. If you could, you would not spend nearly as much VC on new player and new builds trying to find that sweet spot. You can now SEE visually what their stats show. But we all know the stats are one thing and reality is another. For all we know some of those ratings have left real life affect.

I'll give you an example:

Does a 90 rebounding rating mean more than a very tall guy with very long arms and hops with a rebound rating at 77?

There's literally no way to know this without getting your guy to at least an 88 overall. That(88 or so) has always been the sweet spot where you can hang with 90+ guys and if you know how to play basketball you can kill guys that are lower than 80.

It is...what it is. They refuse to let go of that excess VC money they get. Its just too much easy $$$ for them. So either you're going to have to grind like crazy(not have a life) or Kick in some real money to buy VC. You already know most of us have lives so we will be kicking in that real money Or else be subject to sticking to a possibly bad build for the duration.

Last edited by splashmountain; 08-22-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 07:34 PM   #2
MVP

3304Life's Arena

Re: NBA 2k20 Demo: Why Can't I Test a My Player at different/Max 99 Overall?

You literally can test your player at 99 overall what is this thread all about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2019, 12:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3304Life

Yeah I'm confused too.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:42 AM   #4
Rookie

dudeitszoltan's Arena

can you run the same player twice? I made a rebounding/3 point shooting big, tested him at a 75, but when I got back to the menu I couldn't select him again, only the option to make another MyPlayer. And of course there's only 6 slots available
Old 08-23-2019, 10:46 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:

and how is that done?
i didnt say look at my ratings at 99. i said actually play with him at 99 or 88 or whatever.
Unless my demo is glitched(could be). every time i pull the ratings up to 88,89 or even 99 with any guy i create. it shows me what they would be like in all the ratings areas. but when the actual game starts. my guy is playing like he's a 60. you can tell how easy it is to miss layups with guys that have 80+ layups, or how is it is to lose your dribble with guys with 95 handles. I know its a different game but i've played my player since it started. i know when the guy is rated super low and how it feels before you grind it out and get the VC to boost your guy into the 80s. or say the hell with it and buy the vc and get your guy there. its night and day. sure i can hang and with a big i score easier and rebound easier for sure. but you can still tell these guys are not late 80's or 90s. perhaps i'm not doing something right.

i just want to be clear. I'm not talking about seeing my ratings IF i were a 99. i'm talking about actually play testing with my 99 guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #6
MVP

3304Life's Arena

That IS your player at 99 overall.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:02 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
That IS your player at 99 overall.

life...you're joking right?
aint no way these slow footed, ball bobbling dudes are 99's. . i have never reached 99 in the last few 2ks. so i dont even know what a 99 feels like to be honest. but i do know what an 88 feels like. i know what a 95 feels like. and i'm telling you aint no way. lol. i know the game has changed a bit with the movement(which i actually am liking a lot to be honest...well vs the cpu lets see how it plays out vs other real users. )

But I think when you change your overall you can just VIEW what it would be in all ratings areas. but not actually PLAY with a 99.

So one last time. we are all in agreement. The guy you're playing with does not FEEL like a player thats 85+ , but you guys think he is because thats what the overall showed when you raised the bar? Is that what you're saying?
Old 08-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #8
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
life...you're joking right?
aint no way these slow footed, ball bobbling dudes are 99's. . i have never reached 99 in the last few 2ks. so i dont even know what a 99 feels like to be honest. but i do know what an 88 feels like. i know what a 95 feels like. and i'm telling you aint no way. lol. i know the game has changed a bit with the movement(which i actually am liking a lot to be honest...well vs the cpu lets see how it plays out vs other real users. )

But I think when you change your overall you can just VIEW what it would be in all ratings areas. but not actually PLAY with a 99.

So one last time. we are all in agreement. The guy you're playing with does not FEEL like a player thats 85+ , but you guys think he is because thats what the overall showed when you raised the bar? Is that what you're saying?
Different motion engine...it's a different game when compared to NBA 2K19....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »