Home

NBA 2k20 Create-a-Player Thread: 2k, don't forget about the original "content creator

This is a discussion on NBA 2k20 Create-a-Player Thread: 2k, don't forget about the original "content creator within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2019, 03:21 AM   #1
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
NBA 2k20 Create-a-Player Thread: 2k, don't forget about the original "content creator

We have a CAP thread of well over 300 pages that began at 2k18's launch but I felt it's time for fresh attention to be brought to this feature considering 2k20's is 2k19's recycled.

As an old head simnation dude at OS, I, same as many others like me, check alot of boxes that don't have alot of loud youtube noises supporting them. I'm a hardcore offline MyLeague guy, I'm also a MLO guy, I care about tendencies, I care about authentic NBA playbooks, I prefer ratings over badges, I make real player draft classes, I edit the entire NBA roster top to bottom, ratings, tendencies, contracts, sig edits, accessories, shoes both for my own enjoyment as well as for our MLO league 3nD Basketball. I even help create house rules to fill in the gaps of the real Free Agency, contract, or trade rules that can be either absent or bugged in MLO, I'm the resident CBA nerd at OS. I care about immersion, authenticity and customization together as much as I do gameplay! I know I'm a dinosaur about alot of things, but one thing I'm shocked that hasn't been expanded upon for 2k20 given that it also heavily affects the loudest voices in the room, is the create a player feature.

We've seen now that while skin textures have been improved, the CAP system is the same as 2k19. Same faces, same hairstyles, no tattoos (I know Davez said there's a reason for that one), no unique bodytypes, less ratings, and now supposedly jumpshot speed is controlled by a badge rather than editing it.

To me this is unacceptable. I think almost all of us would agree that CAP should at least have new hairstyles, as well as the multiple body type builds that MyPlayers now have access to when creating their player. Offline CAP you still gotta make a dude 320lbs to make him look 245 while MyPlayer has, I believe, 6 different presets that are then scaled by weight. But even the MyPlayers don't have new hairstyles as of right now.

If you look around the upcoming prospects for the NBA draft over the next few years, or even the last couple rookie classes, you'll notice that many of these kids have hair that can't be created in 2k. When I make a draft class, I end up with 10 guys with the same hairstyle to try and represent something like short dreads, various braids styles, a curly fro, or just a regular blowout. Even if nothing is done to facial sculpting, new hairstyles and facial hair styles for all ethnicities would expand the immersion and authenticity of these draft classes tremendously. If anyone has seen some of JackMove's or Da Infamous NY's creations, you'll notice that the ability to create faces is deeper than it appears at first glance, but limited by hairstyles and body types.

In addition to this, what I've been asking for for about 15 years is the ability to also edit current NBA players hairstyles and bodytypes. 2k doesn't need to scan hair to update a player, as we've seen them add a CAP hairstyle to a scanned NBA player in the past. This may be more wishlist still than demand for 2k20, but yeah like I said, about 15 years on the wishlist lol. But even if not to edit NBA players, I'd love to have a selection in CAP of all hairstyles already on NBA players, as well as a catelog of other relevant styles.

Anyway fellas, sometimes the MyPlayer only guys and the MyLeague only guys disagree on alot, or just miss each other on things, but one thing I KNOW we can all agree on is that 2k20 needs to update it's create a player feature. Lend your voices to mine. This feature affects draft classes, missing players in rosters, MyLeague, and MyPlayer, it affects all of us.

Me personally, and I may be in the minority on this, but hell I'd pay $9.99 at this point for a customization pack, new CAP, new create a team/court/uniform, NBA player editing, shiiiiiii.
Regardless of how, I think it's pretty necessary 2k at least slides new hairstyles and the MyPlayer body type editor in an early update. Otherwise with it being the same feature, well damn, might as well introduce carry over saves for draft classes. Save me the monotonous labor of having to create the same damn 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 classes all over again lol.

Let me know how you guys feel.

*edit* just noticed the title of the thread got cut off, if a mod could add an "s" at the end of "creator" for me I'd appreciate it lol.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh

Last edited by Mikelopedia; 08-23-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 03:45 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2k20 Create-a-Player Thread: 2k, don't forget about the original "content cre

I totally agree with the need to add new hairstyles , and facial hairs too (e.g. I miss sideburns from 2k17).

Still, I'd like to say that 2k19 CAP was a HUUUUGE improvement from 2k18 (and the best too, in my opinion), also in terms of realism of the facial emotions of created players.
So I can understand if this year they didn't invest again in it a lot.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:49 AM   #3
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Re: NBA 2k20 Create-a-Player Thread: 2k, don't forget about the original "content cre

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
I totally agree with the need to add new hairstyles , and facial hairs too (e.g. I miss sideburns from 2k17).

Still, I'd like to say that 2k19 CAP was a HUUUUGE improvement from 2k18 (and the best too, in my opinion), also in terms of realism of the facial emotions of created players.
So I can understand if this year they didn't invest again in it a lot.
Oh no I agree, I didn't give it enough credit other than saying what guys are able to do just from a facial structure standpoint.

Considering where we were in 2k18, 2k19 was an amazing step in the right direction. But like I said, just adding new hairstyles and facial hair, as well as the body type presets from MyPlayer to the current feature would be enough at least.

Old 08-23-2019, 04:12 AM   #4
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

All they had to do in 2K18 was retexture the skin tones from 2K17. That and obviously more (facial) hair styles. But instead they redid the ENTIRE thing.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:55 AM   #5
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5

2K20 still has the same glitch as 2K19 with hidden hair colors. Medium blonde is still attached to only one of the head presets we get to choose from offline. While in the barbershop in mycareer hair colors like white, red, medium blonde and more are available to choose from.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #6
Rookie

Pretty disappointed that the 6 body types don't transfer to CAP. What's the point in not allowing that? Pretty lame.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:06 AM   #7
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy10
Pretty disappointed that the 6 body types don't transfer to CAP. What's the point in not allowing that? Pretty lame.
Agreed I hope (probably a useless hope) they do have the 6 body times for CAPs in the final build.....it makes no sense for them to give myPlayer all these customization options but we can't do the same for offline CAPs and Draft classes.....although tattoos I've come to accept the reasoning, I still think other things in myplayer should translate to offline as well.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #8
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Agreed I hope (probably a useless hope) they do have the 6 body times for CAPs in the final build.....it makes no sense for them to give myPlayer all these customization options but we can't do the same for offline CAPs and Draft classes.....although tattoos I've come to accept the reasoning, I still think other things in myplayer should translate to offline as well.
Another thing I would like to see carried over from MyPlayer builder to offline Create a Player is seeing wingspan in actual inches rather than the slider. Would need to keep the range though that the slider has since we're not worried about being limited by online restrictions.
It's more of a edit screen cosmetic affect since there's a formula to determine what the scale equates to. But it would be a nice touch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »