Home

Football Experience?

This is a discussion on Football Experience? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2019, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Football Experience?

Just as a quick question. How many people here have had actual experience with high level (D2, D1, NFL/CFL, or other pro leagues) football? Whether it be as a player, coach, equipment personnel, or even internship?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Football Experience?

Me

Student athletic trainer in undergrad at Southern Miss

Athletic training graduate assistant at UL-Lafayette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
Me

Student athletic trainer in undergrad at Southern Miss

Athletic training graduate assistant at UL-Lafayette.

Does it change how you play NCAA14 at all?
Asking because i spent 3 seasons on the sidelines at Old Dominon as an intern and then as a graduate assistant. After all that now when i play i add real life elements into my dynasties.
I place recruiting restrictions on myswlf so recruiting is more realistic.
When i make schedules i have a list for future OOC games such as home and home agreements.
I also (to the best of my ability) took our playbook and created it to run in mu dynasty.

Old 08-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #4
Rookie

Some of my recruiting restrictions differ then what i mostly see.
Usually i see people talking about how they only recruit the hone state plus neighboring states or only recruit to the prestige of the school and other things like that. I never could stand any of that.
When i recruit i learned to stop recruiting by overall skill and to start recruiting by play style. Ill take a low rated wide reciever if they match what i need. I look for certian skills and tendencies just like i did at my time with ODU

Old 08-28-2019, 03:52 PM   #5
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayse1
Does it change how you play NCAA14 at all?
Asking because i spent 3 seasons on the sidelines at Old Dominon as an intern and then as a graduate assistant. After all that now when i play i add real life elements into my dynasties.
I place recruiting restrictions on myswlf so recruiting is more realistic.
When i make schedules i have a list for future OOC games such as home and home agreements.
I also (to the best of my ability) took our playbook and created it to run in mu dynasty.

Not really. I already know Navy and Army and GA Tech are all gonna be national powers a few years in. I naturally restrict but I don’t really “play” anymore. My dynasty is CPU vs. CPU. It’s the only fair way to play. Even in coach mode, I got good fast primarily because the cpu is terrible at play calling.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

My football career ended after high school. I got a bit of interest from D3 schools locally, but they were all private and my family couldn't afford it (D3 doesn't offer athletic scholarships).

I played football for 12 years total. It absolutely shapes the way I play the game. I read defenses instead of looking offensively.

For example, when passing I'm not looking for an open man, I'm looking at the coverage and knowing which guy will be open. When I run, I don't necessarily look for a hole, but I read the line and backers to know where a hole will be.

On top of that, I am a hardcore college football fan. So I too place many house rules and recruiting restrictions in place to keep things realistic.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »