Home

Which NBA 2k My Career was most enjoyable to you and why ?

This is a discussion on Which NBA 2k My Career was most enjoyable to you and why ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Which NBA 2k My Career was most enjoyable to you and why ?

VC aside, which my career kept you playing. I'm really enjoying 19. Although if I remember I think I really enjoyed 15 too. I got bored with 17 I think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2019, 10:00 AM   #2
Pro

YungGun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which NBA 2k My Career was most enjoyable to you and why ?

2K16 solely because of that Boss Key Yacht scene.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
Rookie

On the current gen systems my favorite is 2k17. I really enjoyed the dynamic duo with Justice Young and playing an entire season was a breeze.

But I still think my favorite career experience was 2k12. For some reason I couldn't get enough of it and I had a dynasty with the Charlotte Bobcats going and an all time rivalry against the OKC Thunder in multiple NBA finals. Tyrus Thomas was my sidekick and all-nba. I'll never forget the heartache after winning our 4th championship together, he decided he wanted his own team and signed with the Chicago Bulls. To this day it is by far the longest mycareer i've ever played and the only one I was able to reach the hall of fame in.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:18 PM   #4
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

2K12.

Combine, draft, G-league. Basketball related stuff.

Dream scenario is they add the production of current gen MyCareer to the pure "here's hoops" of last gen, and I'm good.

Reality is it'll be all about balancing online competition & getting us to ride tandem bicycles in the Neighborhood with our homies to go buy some more kicks to rock in the Park.

Cuz all of that can't be its own mode. That would somehow, intrinsically, hurt sales & profits. Even tho there's no data showing that online MyPlayers give a damn about the offline offering.

/rant
Old 09-02-2019, 05:44 PM   #5
Rookie

2k10. Being a 39 overall in the nba humbled you. Got sent down to the g-league. Playing all those hours just upgrade my 3PT to 70 felt amazing as a 46 overall. Having that annoying agent in the bottom left corner roasting you after every game felt great. Nothing better than being on the break and bricking a point blank wide open layup with nobody but you past halfcourt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #6
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

2K11 and 2K13 are still my favorites to date. 2K11 has the most realistic build up to the NBA yet and the gameplay was fun. 2K13 is probably my number 1 overall though. I could run plays effectively, each game felt different (probably due to bedwardsroy19’s roster back then). Had a 6’8 SG on the Bulls and a 6’3 PG on the Knicks, each one were the most fun I’d had in MyCareer.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:58 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
2k10. Being a 39 overall in the nba humbled you. Got sent down to the g-league. Playing all those hours just upgrade my 3PT to 70 felt amazing as a 46 overall. Having that annoying agent in the bottom left corner roasting you after every game felt great. Nothing better than being on the break and bricking a point blank wide open layup with nobody but you past halfcourt

haha, yea everyone thinks we want good players or whatever, but I miss the harder MC. I liked being benched, yea I don't know if I ever got sent down to the d league but I liked some level of pressure that was more than 'I'll just work on my badges now on rookie."

It's like when your coach would be like RUN THE PICK AND ROLL and you'd take over the game, lead your team back and win vs a great team and he'd be like WHY DIDN'T YOU RUN THE PICK AND ROLL MORE? haha. It was stupid, but it kind of made it interesting, too. That's another of the greater ironies of MC is that in the grind discussion, people seem to believe that they have to have such a mechanic to make the game harder, but really they've made the game way easier (just forced time consumption), and you only need to be like a 70-75 to absolutely dominate on hall of fame. Plus there is no coach ready to yank you if you make a bad decision, no getting demoted, losing your role... I mean maybe you can, but it's not really within the realm of logical possibility. You'd have to try.

now that I'm back into franchise and gm modes I have no real interest in single player lock modes. Divorced from online comp, it's just too easy to find a way to exploit the cpu when you can control only one player.

-Smak
Old 09-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #8
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

I miss and enjoyed the the Summer League, D-League, and training camp stuff. If you sucked you got demoted, like that's awesome. One of my favorite things about Road to the Show is I'll talk to my friends and we all have different experiences. You end up on a mediocre franchise and you do great in the minors you might get called up by the end of the season. I had one year where it took over a year to get called up from the minors and was relegated to being a pinch hitter. My experience was personal and exclusive to me and I loved it.

I don't wanna be Freq (RIP Vic), Prez, don't ever wanna do the fresh squeeze celebration with Michael B Jordan, I'm not AI, a former DJ turned pro player.

I just want MyCareer to be my career and mine only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »