Home

4-3 rushing

This is a discussion on 4-3 rushing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
4-3 rushing

Anyone else having an impossible time rushing the passer in a 4-3 defense? Granted, my players aren’t very good (best is 81), but I can’t get a whiff of pressure. Like, lucky if I get 1 sack per game, and that’s not even a user sack.

Suggestions? Do I just need to git gud?

This is vs CPU btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 4-3 rushing

If I expect/hope to get ANY pressure at all, I have to blitz. If not, I'm getting nowhere. The D-Line pass-rush seems to be nerfed (at least for me).
Old 09-04-2019, 09:53 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian
If I expect/hope to get ANY pressure at all, I have to blitz. If not, I'm getting nowhere. The D-Line pass-rush seems to be nerfed (at least for me).

Yeah ditto. I wouldn’t mind so much but it seems like ratings are irrelevant. Up against a rookie LT with a 64 rating? Stonewalled all game long.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:39 PM   #4
MVP

The easiest way to generate pressure with a four man line is to call an over front. If you are using a 4-3 book you can use 4-3 Over, Nickel Normal, or Big Nickel Over G.

Your strong side DT is going to be playing a 3-tech. This means he's in between the G and T. Shift the line to his side of the screen, and also crash them in that direction. This should cause your edge rusher to that side to kick out to a wide 9 alignment and set up some nice 1 v 1 situations for him.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:05 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
The easiest way to generate pressure with a four man line is to call an over front. If you are using a 4-3 book you can use 4-3 Over, Nickel Normal, or Big Nickel Over G.

Your strong side DT is going to be playing a 3-tech. This means he's in between the G and T. Shift the line to his side of the screen, and also crash them in that direction. This should cause your edge rusher to that side to kick out to a wide 9 alignment and set up some nice 1 v 1 situations for him.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will give this a try, although my experience so far has been that even when I win a battle on the edge, the QB gets rid it before I can get there.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 07:19 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
... even when I win a battle on the edge, the QB gets rid it before I can get there.
Or you just get picked up by another blocker and have to win another QTE. Ratings be damned, size & strength of blocker be damned, it’s win that STUPID QTE or get stonewalled. Who’s brilliant idea was this and why is there virtually zero push to get it removed? What was wrong with how it was for the first 20 years of Madden where they thought, “hey, wouldn’t it be great if we stopped giving DL users full control of their player and introduced a QTE instead?” “YEAH MAN! That’s a SICK idea!”
Old 09-05-2019, 07:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Charizard's Arena

I had the same problem but changed to a 3-4 storm and wow what a change right off the bat

Control the OLB sort out your depth chart and put your quickest LB on the edge both sides and run right at the QB

I had Oloukon rack up 15 sacks in a season and he went to a Superstar dev in a season. Jermaine Grace also went up to a star dev.

You can get instant pressure on the QB sometimes you have to run around the tackle but on man blitz one side is left unguarded for you to make a b line rush at the QB
Old 09-05-2019, 08:03 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard
I had the same problem but changed to a 3-4 storm and wow what a change right off the bat

Control the OLB sort out your depth chart and put your quickest LB on the edge both sides and run right at the QB

I had Oloukon rack up 15 sacks in a season and he went to a Superstar dev in a season. Jermaine Grace also went up to a star dev.

You can get instant pressure on the QB sometimes you have to run around the tackle but on man blitz one side is left unguarded for you to make a b line rush at the QB

Yeah, I have heard that it is much easier to get pressure with a 3-4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »