Home

NBA 2K20 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Review within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K20 Review

Hoops fans, rejoice! Another installment in the annual basketball simulation has arrived with the release of...

Written By: Matt Llewellyn

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 09:05 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Review

Surprised to see such a negative review considering the gameplay is as good as I can ever remember it being and the new lighting has this game looking better than any sports game out there....... understanding it has tons of little bugs but that seems to be the norm everywhere in the genre anymore, for a offline guy this game is a easy 8.5

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-09-2019, 09:17 PM   #3
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Reviews online so far have been less than stellar for NBA 2K20.* Feels like they took a step back this year. Not a good sign for 2K. While I do agree there are improvements like Mike said there are technical issues, defensive AI, passing and rebounding problems. It's a shame the game launched with all these problems. Like Mike stated hopefully the patches will sort out these problems.

Last edited by Peter_OS; 09-09-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:33 PM   #4
Pro

I'm very happy with the game so far. It seems MOST of the issues are in MyCareer/Park play. I'm a MyLeague guy so I only play the other modes until I can start MyLeague and to get a few trophies. Is anyone else if the opinion that 2K should make two separate games? One that's strictly NBA and maybe WNBA and one for the Park people? I mean MyLeague people don't really play much Park and Park people certainly aren't playing MyLeague.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:45 PM   #5
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
Reviews online so far have been less than stellar for NBA 2K20.* Feels like they took a step back this year. Not a good sign for 2K. While I do agree there are improvements like Mike said there are technical issues, defensive AI, passing and rebounding problems. It's a shame the game launched with all these problems. Like Mike stated hopefully the patches will sort out these problems.
IGN gave it a 7.8 as well. The gameplay has been great (could be improvements like shots going in too much) but the failure has been non gameplay things, shame for the group that worked on the gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 10:54 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb1976
I'm very happy with the game so far. It seems MOST of the issues are in MyCareer/Park play. I'm a MyLeague guy so I only play the other modes until I can start MyLeague and to get a few trophies. Is anyone else if the opinion that 2K should make two separate games? One that's strictly NBA and maybe WNBA and one for the Park people? I mean MyLeague people don't really play much Park and Park people certainly aren't playing MyLeague.
There’s tons of players who play Myplayer as an avenue to Pro-Am or Rec so not all are “Park People”. I’m not sure on the exact split between Myplayer online players and everyone else but I sense it might be a lot more skewed to the former than you think.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #7
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
There’s tons of players who play Myplayer as an avenue to Pro-Am or Rec so not all are “Park People”. I’m not sure on the exact split between Myplayer online players and everyone else but I sense it might be a lot more skewed to the former than you think.
maybe they can have different gamplay settings..if Park people want speed, give it to them..keep the myplayer NBA games unchanged
Old 09-09-2019, 11:40 PM   #8
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

This is why I never pre order or buy NBA 2K on release day. *It's the same thing every year with the online portion of the game, *and 2K are only making things worse by releasing the game earlier and earlier every year. * Here's an idea 2K, *how about having an open beta to test things early on, then instead of dropping that useless Prelude demo, how about dropping a demo with some of the online features available, to test your servers and see what you're working with before the game is released. *Finally, *what is the big rush to release this game so early? *Especially when the online portion of the game is virtually unplayable. *The end of September or early October would be the ideal release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »