Home

I don't see enough drive and kick by the cpu!

This is a discussion on I don't see enough drive and kick by the cpu! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2019, 06:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I don't see enough drive and kick by the cpu!

I think that the cpu plays a good offense all in all. They play aggressive and attack the basket.

But i have one problem: They almost never pass the ball out when driving. More often than not they force a well defended shot instead of passing the ball to the open man.

Which sliders should i change to make a difference? Or is changing player attributes the way to go?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 03:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I don't see enough drive and kick by the cpu!

I find that tendency dish to open man seems to help a bit with this. Obviously you wouldn’t want to spike this up for your upper level scorers, as they are more apt to finish strong and attempt to complete the shot, where your other players are usually looking for an open man to kick out to, never really having much intention in forcing a difficult contested shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-10-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Drix10's Arena

OVR: 6

Bumping up Passing Accuracy helps a little. Assists in general will go up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I have found if you lower insider and close shot tendency sliders, you will see more drive and kicks. I also have been messing around with raising 3pt tendency.

Here is my tendency shot sliders:

Inside 35

Close 20
Mid 30
3's 70
Post 45

What I have been doing for a few yrs now is I keep Inside, Close, and Post shots, to equal 100. And I have mid and 3's equal 100. You get more ball movement, doing this, IMO. Also occasionally if your D is really good you can force a shot clock violation.

I also bump attack basket slider to 55, as well as look for post players to 55. This was before the patch that was put out that I had these settings. Not sure what the patch all did, so things may need tweaked since this patch.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #5
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I have found if you lower insider and close shot tendency sliders, you will see more drive and kicks. I also have been messing around with raising 3pt tendency.

Here is my tendency shot sliders:

Inside 35i

Close 20
Mid 30
3's 70
Post 45

What I have been doing for a few yrs now is I keep Inside, Close, and Post shots, to equal 100. And I have mid and 3's equal 100. You get more ball movement, doing this, IMO. Also occasionally if your D is really good you can force a shot clock violation.

I also bump attack basket slider to 55, as well as look for post players to 55. This was before the patch that was put out that I had these settings. Not sure what the patch all did, so things may need tweaked since this patch.
Like all of what you have stated above going to give this a try...3pt attempts way down for me..the other slider adjustments you have mentioned sounds spot on.

Do you post your sliders ..I’m looking for some ...most from 19 not many for 20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Like all of what you have stated above going to give this a try...3pt attempts way down for me..the other slider adjustments you have mentioned sounds spot on.

Do you post your sliders ..I’m looking for some ...most from 19 not many for 20

I dont usually post them on 2k share. Ive always looked at it, as we all play different, and were all at different skill levels. I figure most guys here, are probably better than I am on the sticks, as now days I just dont have the reaction time to play on the harder difficulties. Seems most guys here play on SS and HOF, so my pro and all star sliders, would be way to easy for most of you guys.

I am on PS4, so I may once I get my sliders where I want them, I might post them on 2k share, just in case there is some old guys, like me, who arent as quick on the sticks as they use to be. Sucks getting old

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #7
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I dont usually post them on 2k share. Ive always looked at it, as we all play different, and were all at different skill levels. I figure most guys here, are probably better than I am on the sticks, as now days I just dont have the reaction time to play on the harder difficulties. Seems most guys here play on SS and HOF, so my pro and all star sliders, would be way to easy for most of you guys.

I am on PS4, so I may once I get my sliders where I want them, I might post them on 2k share, just in case there is some old guys, like me, who arent as quick on the sticks as they use to be. Sucks getting old
I dont finger mash at all..I just watch and jump in and coach a bit here and there..create some teams ( high school team ect) ..so my sliders are geared for realism cpu vs cpu but your logic seemed very good on those issues.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:33 PM   #8
Pro

JoFri's Arena

May I ask whats the no of 3pt attempts by the cpu on default sliders, default roster tendencies (preferably on 11 or 12 min-quarter)? In 19, I can see 30+ and on some occassions 40 for teams like the rockets, nets. Of course, that was on custom roster setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »