Home

I can't believe people do not praise this game!

This is a discussion on I can't believe people do not praise this game! within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2019, 02:29 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
I can't believe people do not praise this game!

I never really play demo for sport games because its just too hard to tell if the games good or not by playing like 4-5mins for one half, I always just buy the game and test it out myself.

And yes you guess right, as far as I remembered, I picked up Pes 18 and 19 and then stopped playing after playing a few times, this also happened to Fifa 19. Last year was a bad soccer gaming year for me and I read across different forums, many people agreed.

So, I did the same thing this year, bought Pes 20 and will get Fifa 20 as well. Ok so enough talking about me, I am just going to focus on talking about Pes 20 now.

When I first got the game (I live in Hong Kong and we got the game a few days earlier), it was without the updates yet, my initial feeling was the game had improved from past few years, such as:
  • the feeling of controlling the ball like its a physical thing (don't know if you get me),
  • the graphics in terms of the look of the players, grass, stadium, etc. are quite nice,
  • the movement of players especially when dribbling and tackling look very realistic
  • you actually need to know how to play/watch football to play this game well, because now you can't just use speedy players and run past CPU, they will intercept and steal the ball, you have to work the ball around, find open space, do give and go, do some crossing, you need to be smart basically
But there are also things that really really bothered me such as:
  • is so easy to defend, for high ball I will always win the header, for low ball, I can intercept CPU's dribbling easily
  • The CPU doesn't go aggressive at me like they don't want to win the game, they keep passing sideways but not to the front, so every game has low scoring, the worst is even when they are losing or the game is tie, they are not showing they want to win
However, somehow, I feel like when they game is updated, things will change because I just got gut feeling that the game is stuck at the moment, so after last night, the game got updated and MAN THERE WERE BIG CHANGES! All the bad things I said above were gone:
  • is NOT easy to defend anymore, I have to be smart to tackle or else CPU will punish me
  • The CPU DOES GO aggressive at me and they want to win, they press me, and they want to score
So I played 2-3 games after the game was updated and man I had a great time, I really think this is a football game finally. And I can't believe not many ppl are giving credits to this game, to the point that there is not a thread here let us discuss, I really hope to hear what you guys have to say about the game after you download the first update!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 02:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Gogi76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I can't believe people do not praise this game!

The gameplay itself usually was not a problem with PES. Other things bothered me, personaly. Server connection issue, as I even twit to Konami this year. In Pes19 i managed to play ONE whole game against live player and even that game had problems while playing it.

I don't know, if you advertise MyTeam and option to play online against other players, i hope this year they get it done. Because, honestly, Master League gets boring after a while and players will look for other options.

As much as i love Pes, i cannot overlook that issue. So, i said i'll wait a while and see what players say about online matches.

I even dl the demo again just to compare it to fifa20 demo a bit more fresh minded and realize that onpitch gameplay is still in slight favour for PES, so i do hope they get the servers properly.

Poslano z mojega SM-G950F z uporabo Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2019, 03:39 AM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Good to read they addressed the AI issues I had in the demo, looking forward to giving the game a go. I just really hope Konami work on presentation and match atmosphere next year because unless you're playing on PC it is abysmal to me compared to FIFA.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:11 AM   #4
MVP

lareka's Arena

Aı is pretty smart this time, maybe the smartest of all pes games. I love the challenge
Old 09-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #5
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

Complete PES n00b question here...Can someone please explain the bell I keep hearing during game play , (sounds like a clock chime). I figure it has to be some kind of notification but what is it for? any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 08:00 AM   #6
MVP

lareka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflynhi
Complete PES n00b question here...Can someone please explain the bell I keep hearing during game play , (sounds like a clock chime). I figure it has to be some kind of notification but what is it for? any help is appreciated.
Thanks
You mean the sound of the ball like tock, tock, tock when you hit it?
Old 09-11-2019, 09:20 AM   #7
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
I never really play demo for sport games because its just too hard to tell if the games good or not by playing like 4-5mins for one half, I always just buy the game and test it out myself.

And yes you guess right, as far as I remembered, I picked up Pes 18 and 19 and then stopped playing after playing a few times, this also happened to Fifa 19. Last year was a bad soccer gaming year for me and I read across different forums, many people agreed.

So, I did the same thing this year, bought Pes 20 and will get Fifa 20 as well. Ok so enough talking about me, I am just going to focus on talking about Pes 20 now.

When I first got the game (I live in Hong Kong and we got the game a few days earlier), it was without the updates yet, my initial feeling was the game had improved from past few years, such as:
  • the feeling of controlling the ball like its a physical thing (don't know if you get me),
  • the graphics in terms of the look of the players, grass, stadium, etc. are quite nice,
  • the movement of players especially when dribbling and tackling look very realistic
  • you actually need to know how to play/watch football to play this game well, because now you can't just use speedy players and run past CPU, they will intercept and steal the ball, you have to work the ball around, find open space, do give and go, do some crossing, you need to be smart basically
But there are also things that really really bothered me such as:
  • is so easy to defend, for high ball I will always win the header, for low ball, I can intercept CPU's dribbling easily
  • The CPU doesn't go aggressive at me like they don't want to win the game, they keep passing sideways but not to the front, so every game has low scoring, the worst is even when they are losing or the game is tie, they are not showing they want to win
However, somehow, I feel like when they game is updated, things will change because I just got gut feeling that the game is stuck at the moment, so after last night, the game got updated and MAN THERE WERE BIG CHANGES! All the bad things I said above were gone:
  • is NOT easy to defend anymore, I have to be smart to tackle or else CPU will punish me
  • The CPU DOES GO aggressive at me and they want to win, they press me, and they want to score
So I played 2-3 games after the game was updated and man I had a great time, I really think this is a football game finally. And I can't believe not many ppl are giving credits to this game, to the point that there is not a thread here let us discuss, I really hope to hear what you guys have to say about the game after you download the first update!
Lucky man. Get update before us in Hong Kong
I love the gameplay before the update compared to fifa. Did the update also include the player transfers?
Cannot wait to start up master league.
If you update a option file later. Will those teams update in master league? Or you have to restart?

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
Old 09-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #8
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflynhi
Thanks
Do u mean the occasional sound the PA system makes? I think that’s like an announcement for the crowd for attendance, goal, sub, etc to add ambience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »