Home

Heidi Watney... More like Why-di Watney

This is a discussion on Heidi Watney... More like Why-di Watney within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

OVR: 0

I know it’s low hanging fruit to get mad at virtua-Heidi, but holy hell man they really couldn’t have her record more lines? Never mind that sideline reports are the worst part about mlb broadcasts, but if there’s nothing to talk about why force it down our throats?

Just played a game and had a no hitter through 7.... Bottom of the 6th “I had a chance to catch up on the state of the Braves offense... and overall he’sh really happy at their approach at the plate” then talks about how they’ve had six full counts. Imagine a manager telling a reporter in the sixth inning that he’s really happy that his team was getting no hit because they worked six full counts lol. I mean come on!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

What frustrates me — besides the feature being repetitive and unskippable — is that the development team took the time, money and effort to put this in the game when there are literally millions of better uses of time and money.

Whenever I enter a half inning and I see the overhead camera that means I’m about to hear Heidi, I take out my phone and flat out do not pay attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ace2734; 09-15-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:21 PM   #3
Rookie

HarlemYankee's Arena

Re: Heidi Watney... More like Why-di Watney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2734
What frustrates me — besides the feature being repetitive and unskippable — is that the development team took the time, money and effort to put this in the game when there are literally millions of better uses of time and money.

Whenever I enter a half inning and I see the overhead camera that means I’m about to hear Heidi’s, I take out my phone and flat out do not pay attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m the exact same way!
Old 09-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #4
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

I'm going to start keeping track of how many different things she's programed to say. Off the top of my head, so far I think it's five that I can remember, which doesn't count two of her special appearances that I've seen so far. I like the idea of the sideline report, but just as with the commentary in general, it's very repetitive and annoying.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:52 AM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I don’t mind her. As I go along in franchise I like the stats that she presents either about the game or a team stat in regards to the season.

It’s the first year, so I expect and look forward to SDS expanding upon her role/reporting next year and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 08:17 AM   #6
Pro

This is the second greatest "Heidi" controversy of all time, for those that remember the scandalous MNF incident...

In any case, the Heidi thing has prompted me to use fast play. I won't go back until it's gone. No offense to the real Heidi Watney.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #7
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don’t mind her. As I go along in franchise I like the stats that she presents either about the game or a team stat in regards to the season.

It’s the first year, so I expect and look forward to SDS expanding upon her role/reporting next year and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This. I actually enjoy the cut scenes and find them refreshing. Sure sometimes I chuckle at some of the stuff. But its entertaining. Hope it gets developed more in the future.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:53 AM   #8
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

I think it's a very good implementation of adding something new to the Show series. It's not perfect room for improvement. She changes clothes & things like that.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »