Home

Playing on a 360

This is a discussion on Playing on a 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2019, 11:29 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Playing on a 360

Sadly, my original XBOX may have finally died. If I'm running a 360, do I get the game and just run it on the 360?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2019, 06:22 AM   #2
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing on a 360

A few things:

1. Do you have a fat Xbox 360 or a Slim? a fat one has a maximum hard drive size of 250GB and it's not easy to connect it to a computer. A slim has a maximum hard drive size of 500GB and it's easier to connect it to a PC (I'll explain how in a second)

2. Fat or Slim, do you have an official Microsoft hard drive?

Basically, if you have a Slim 360/500GB set up like I've got, you can just take the drive and use your computer's SATA and DATA cables (the cables that connect a hard drive or disc drive with) to connect it to the computer. then you use the 500GB edition of Xplorer360 to copy ESPN NFL 2K5 rosters/franchises/any files to. (This works with any original Xbox save actually) You can also buy a converter to make the drive plug in via USB if you want to go that route.

For fat 360's it's a bit complicated, the design of it's hard drive obscures the SATA/DATA cables so you can't connect it to a PC without opening it, you need a specific adapter (the Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer kit IIRC) but the copying process would be the same either way.

It's also important to have an official hard drive in most cases because most eBay sellers neglect to add Partition 3 (original Xbox compatibility) to the hard drive, which makes playing 2K5 and other Xbox games impossible. I was lucky enough to find an eBay listing of a 500GB hard drive with the compatibility and my 360 experience has been smooth ever since.

The last thing I'd like to mention is that 2K5 is much better on a 360 than on an original Xbox in my opinion, ever since I got my 360 set up I haven't played the game on an original Xbox other than to test rosters/franchises for other people who might. because the visuals on the 360 clean up really well and it's very crisp. the only thing you lose is custom music (which I thought I'd use a lot but ended up not doing because it's not as easy as ESPN NHL 2K5)
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers (since 2004)
MLB - New York Yankees (since 2004)
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans (since 2004)
XFL - Seattle Dragons (since 2019)

Last edited by WWEDX2007; 09-18-2019 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:43 PM   #3
Rookie

JeffyLindy's Arena

I have a black Xbox 360 s and I have the rosters on my computer. How do I transfer the rosters and franchise over to the Xbox 360 s. The hard drive is internal. I bought the transfer cable but I could not connect it to the Xbox 360 s. Please help. I really want to play this game bad.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:37 PM   #4
Rookie

WWEDX2007's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffyLindy
I have a black Xbox 360 s and I have the rosters on my computer. How do I transfer the rosters and franchise over to the Xbox 360 s. The hard drive is internal. I bought the transfer cable but I could not connect it to the Xbox 360 s. Please help. I really want to play this game bad.
You should read the post I just wrote...

Basically if you have an Xbox 360 S/E, the hard drive is inside of the console yes but it's not internal; you can detach it. the plastic hard drive compartment on the right side of the console has a button on it which lets you remove it. You can then take out the drive by pulling on the ribbon that sticks out.

And if you're typing this on a PC you more than likely have a device on the inside of it (such as a disc drive or SD card reader) that uses the SATA/DATA cables I've described 2 posts above. just unplug them while your PC is off and plug them into the 360 hard drive (and then swap them back when you're done). and then use Xplorer 360 to transfer the files over to it. The transfer cable you have likely won't work as it's designed to copy files from a fat 360 to a slim one. I could be wrong though.....see if it fits!

The biggest hurdle you're gonna run into is that you can't just copy folders with the program for whatever reason. you have to copy and paste the folder names on to new folders for the save files.

For example, ESPN NFL 2K5's save games while on an Xbox 360 are stored in Partition 3\Compatibility\Xbox1\UDATA\53450030. inside of this folder are where franchises and rosters go. You'd simply download them and then make new folders with the name of the folders inside of 53450030 (for example, TDMavens' current roster file has a folder named 87D2A89BB451 inside of the 53450030 folder), and then just inject the files into the folder one by one (there's 4 of them per 2K5 save file)

You're gonna see other files outside of the roster/franchise folder with names like TitleMeta.xbx, TitleImage.xbx and others. you can ignore these as in my experience they've never been required to make the files work.

After that you can put the drive back into your 360, load up the game and load the rosters/franchise.

I'm sorry if it's a bit complicated but a lot of people ask and I want to give a detailed explanation of how I've done it.
NBA - Los Angeles Lakers (since 2004)
MLB - New York Yankees (since 2004)
NCAA - Michigan State Spartans (since 2004)
XFL - Seattle Dragons (since 2019)

Last edited by WWEDX2007; 09-19-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #5
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8
Playing on a 360

Hey guys how do I do this if I have an aftermarket eBay hard drive that’s 350 GB? Is it possible? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

Last edited by pistonpete; 11-16-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #6
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8
Playing on a 360

I guess I’m asking has anybody located the partition and an aftermarket Xbox 360 hard drive wherein the same thing described above can be done? Thanks!

Old 03-21-2020, 10:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonpete
Hey guys how do I do this if I have an aftermarket eBay hard drive that’s 350 GB? Is it possible? Thanks!

I just bought 360 and I got 2k5 football can't get it 2 work
Old 05-05-2020, 09:10 PM   #8
Rookie

Easily the best football game. I'm glad they are making a new one. Madden sucks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »