Home

Curious about Difficulty Running the Ball and Confidence

This is a discussion on Curious about Difficulty Running the Ball and Confidence within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Curious about Difficulty Running the Ball and Confidence

Was this made more difficult for the Human against the AI at some point? I'm trying to decide if the game has changed or if my injuries at RB are making this big of an impact.

Seems like the game dropped running the ball was pretty easy and effective. this coming from a guy who's not really very stick savvy.

Just played my 5th regular season game, along with the preseason games, and I have 2 injured RB's, my starter and my 3rd string.

I just can't get my running game going now, and it seems that with my 2nd stringer, he was putting up decent numbers early in the season.

My past 2 games have been nearly impossible to run the ball period.

Just curious other opinion, has the game changed, like improved defense through a patch, or are injuries just keeping my numbers low?

Also, is Confidence still a factor in the game or has it been removed?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 12:34 AM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Curious about Difficulty Running the Ball and Confidence

I'm not sure about the confidence, but I definitely feel the blocking is better when Barkley is playing for my Giants CFM.

Your post and my recent experience further indicates though that injuries at RB is still a big issue - I'd say I take out the opposing starting RB for the game 50%+ of the time, and Barkley has yet to even come close to 16 games in 4 seasons. I have 3 rbs on my IR this season. Stuff like this happens IRL, but the problem is clearly still there.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Curious about Difficulty Running the Ball and Confidence

There was a patch (1.14) I had to download yesterday. I only played one game after the latest patch yesterday against the CPU (All Madden). I did run a little bit worse than I normally do against the CPU, so it's possible something got tweaked.

But that was just one game so I can't really say it was the patch based on one game, and it wasn't a horribly bad game running the ball either just not that good.

Confidence is still a factor in the game, but you can see if you have any impact to your ratings on the player card - it will show a red '-1' or a green '+1' if confidence is impacting a player's attribute(s).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »