Home

How to remove nicknames for created players?

This is a discussion on How to remove nicknames for created players? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How to remove nicknames for created players?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Last edited by buckeyezombie; 09-20-2019 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Please delete
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2019, 01:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How to remove nicknames for created players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
Please delete found the answer

Old 09-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
Please delete found the answer

Whats the answer bro?
Acts 2:38- Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmb4life
Whats the answer bro?
Actually I didn't. I put a CAP on a team in MyLeague and he doesn't have a nickname listed in vitals so I thought I found it. But they still say the nickname even tho it ain't listed.

Old 09-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
Rookie

from33to77's Arena

I found a way to make the nicknames disappear, but it's longer.

1) Built your player
2) Export his DNA
3) In your custom roster, edit a player and import the DNA that you created. I usually go with the weak bald generic players in the classic teams. Beware of the "play initiator" value, as i believe its a data which is kept from the origonal player
4) For the retired players, you need to choose a player which doesn't play for the team where the number is retired. For example don't choose any spurs team for Ginobili or Pacers for Miller.
5) Make the trade as you want (i think assign the player should also work). If your player does not have the correct number you can edit it (i made Hal Greer CAP in all time 76ers wearing his #15 which was retired in my custom roster)
6) Save your roster, and then go back to edit whatever you want in it.

This was tested on multiple CAP players (just to name a fiew: Dolph Schayes, Hal Greer, Norm Van Lier, Kirk Hinrich, Chris Bosh, Manu Ginobili....), it works as long as the player has a name which is in the commentary sound files. Blaylock for instance is not, so I don't know what will happen.....
I testted about 15/20 games, each time no more nickname, but instead the player name.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 05:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by from33to77

1) Built your player
2) Export his DNA
3) In your custom roster, edit a player and import the DNA that you created. I usually go with the weak bald generic players in the classic teams. Beware of the "play initiator" value, as i believe its a data which is kept from the origonal player
4) For the retired players, you need to choose a player which doesn't play for the team where the number is retired. For example don't choose any spurs team for Ginobili or Pacers for Miller.
5) Make the trade as you want (i think assign the player should also work). If your player does not have the correct number you can edit it (i made Hal Greer CAP in all time 76ers wearing his #15 which was retired in my custom roster)
6) Save your roster, and then go back to edit whatever you want in it.

This was tested on multiple CAP players (just to name a fiew: Dolph Schayes, Hal Greer, Norm Van Lier, Kirk Hinrich, Chris Bosh, Manu Ginobili....), it works as long as the player has a name which is in the commentary sound files. Blaylock for instance is not, so I don't know what will happen.....
I testted about 15/20 games, each time no more nickname, but instead the player name.
Gonna try this, appreciate the response bro

Old 09-23-2019, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Yes, import it over one of the John Jones generic players and it works. I tried it 3 times and worked each time. Big thanks

Old 09-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by from33to77

Thanks! That's been driving me nuts for years...especially that one year when the CAPs were just assigned a random nickname and you couldn't even change it at all. Don't know why they don't just have an option for no nickname...if the player doesn't have an audio commentary last name, it could just say the position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »