Home

Completed Classic Teams - NBA 2K20 (XBox One)

This is a discussion on Completed Classic Teams - NBA 2K20 (XBox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2019, 08:08 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Completed Classic Teams - NBA 2K20 (XBox One)

Edit: I've accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. Any help with deleting, please? I feel like I should know how to do this but I don't.

Seems like every year there's a struggle for XBox One users to find a roster with just completed classic teams, so I'm sharing mine.

User: Swove
File: Retro

I've edited each classic team between 1983 and 2016 to have more accurate shoes, accessories, missing key rotation players, and some signature edits. Created players (guys like Anthony Mason, David West, Mike Miller, Chris Bosh) nearly all stem from user contributions in the Legends Create-a-Player thread.

I plan on hitting up the teams from '77 prior, but felt most tend to use the teams from '85 on forward so figured it was worth sharing in the meantime.

A few caveats because I technically make this roster for my own use with my own so-so standards:

1. The missing rotation players are mostly attribute DNA copies of similar players. The idea is to edit those attributes and signatures more closely down the road but in the meantime, I just wanted to get authentic looking created players playing generally like themselves, even if that means not yet poring through C.J. Watson's attributes with precision.

2. Winston Bennett, Kendrick Perkins, and Mario Chalmers haven't been added yet (1990 Cavaliers, 2008 Celtics, 2012 Thunder, 2013 Heat)

3. I don't know how some shoe edits will go through 2KShare. It all looks great on my local file but I imagine there's going to be instances where shoes may need to be manually re-selected (say, in the instance of creating Kobe's custom-colored shoes in 2001). There is an accessory thread in this forum for reference.

4. Some teams will need to have their proper gear color selected in the team select screen. The 1991 Lakers and 1987 Lakers are the first that come to mine (they'll need "blue" leg accessories). The 2016 Cavaliers will also need their socks toggled depending which uniform one chooses (they currently default to white at home and black on the road).

5. Team play styles and/or tendencies haven't been touched. I don't know a lot about diving into that with 2K.

6. Nearly all teams have been edited to the point of being able to run an authentic rotation, usually matching that team's playoff rotation (or Finals rotation) with a few exceptions (2008 Rockets, for one, since Yao was injured by the time postseason play rolled around). That typically means to being 9-12 players deep. That said, if it's a 40-point game with one minute left, most teams will still try to sub in some generic No. 99 Browns. Not so during the course of a normal game, however.

Anyway, that's that. Hope someone can get some use out of them.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-22-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »