Home

Old 09-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #1
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Another go at a player career chise. Less story more stats/tweets/articles. Let's do this.

Last edited by djp73; 12-11-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #2
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Re: My Way | Colby Porter Jr

Career Stats
Old 09-23-2019, 08:06 AM   #3
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Accolades and Awards
Old 09-23-2019, 08:06 AM   #4
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Charles Town's Porter Jr to Transfer to Martinsburg
By James Davis

Colby Porter Jr., one of the top option quarterbacks in West Virginia, is on the move. Porter announced yesterday that he was transferring to Martinsburg, citing academic reasons for the move. There is some speculation that Porter's move is about football as Charles Town has brought in a new coaching staff that is completely changing the offensive system.

"This is an education based decision." Porter stated. "Me and my family are trying to do what's best for my future from an educational standpoint and we want to do what's best for me to be able to continue my education at the collegiate level."

Martinsburg is a significantly higher rated school and it would be difficult for anyone to prove that Porter and his family are doing this for other reasons. Martinsburg graduated a number of players following last season and Porter will be the lone senior on offense. The team is expected to have nine new starters on that side of the ball.

Porter will not be eligible immediately due to the late transfer but should be able to play by the third or fourth game of the season.

Charles Town and Martinsburg will play during the final week of the regular season.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #5
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

MetroNews HS Sports
@MetroNewsPrep

After starting 1-3 Martinsburg hopes QB Porter Jr. can help turn around season. Eligible to play against Morgantown Friday. Will start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 08:08 AM   #6
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

MetroNews HS Sports
@MetroNewsPrep

Porter Jr., defense leads Martinsburg to 21-0 win over Morgantown. Martinsburg 2-3, still alive for playoffs.

Porter Jr. runs for a TD in a win over Morgantown.

Game Stats: 5/7 72Yds 2TD, 12 Rush 106 Rush Yds 1TD
Season Stats: 5/7 72Yds 2TD, 12 Rush 106 Rush Yds 1TD

Last edited by djp73; 09-23-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:09 AM   #7
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

MetroNews HS Sports
@MetroNewsPrep

Martinsburg survives Washington 28-21 in OT. Porter Jr. TD pass with :16 left to tie and another in OT. Martinsburg now 3-3.

Porter Jr. throws a game tying TD pass with 16 seconds left

Game Stats: 9/13 182Yds 3TD 1Int, 8 Rush 132 Rush Yds 1TD
Season Stats: 14/20 254Yds 5TD 1Int, 20 Rush 238 Rush Yds 2TD

Last edited by djp73; 09-23-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 08:09 AM   #8
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

Martinsburg, Porter Jr. rolling
By James Davis

Porter Jr. runs for a TD in a win over Morgantown.

Martinsburg started their season 1-3 and it looked to be a rebuilding year for the team without a single senior on offense and nine new starters on that side of the ball. Enter senior quarterback Colby Porter Jr., who transferred from Charles Town a few weeks before the start of the season. Martinsburg has reeled off a pair of wins against tough Morgantown and Washington teams and is right in the thick of the playoff hunt.

"It's been a ton of fun." Porter told me. "Coach Stevens is great. He puts a lot of faith in me and lets me play my game."

I asked him about being the only senior regularly on offense.

"All those guys are really talented. It's my job to lead. That's what I'm supposed to be is the leader. That's part of the position so it's on me to get the most out of them and make sure they know what we need to do and keep them calm and ready."

I asked about what happened at Charles Town and some recent comments that were directed at him from some former teammates.

"You know it was all about getting the best educational advantages and continuing my education. I've heard the talk about it being for football and it's not. I can't say much to change people's minds. As far as the comments I'm not really interested in wasting energy on hearing that or replying to that. We're focused on us here."

For those of you not on social media who may have missed it last week there was a post from a current Charles Town players saying that Porter "should have stayed with us and moved to RB where he belongs". The post was retweeted by other players and a member of the coaching staff before it was deleted.

Porter, considered more of a runner than passer, has found success throwing the ball so far.

Martinsburg 3-3, will travel to face 1-5 Spring Mills next Friday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »