Home

CPU Poor pursuit angles and misplayed balls in the air

This is a discussion on CPU Poor pursuit angles and misplayed balls in the air within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-23-2019, 09:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU Poor pursuit angles and misplayed balls in the air

Is it just me or is this a major problem this year? I've already seen multiple potential INTs turn into TDs or near TDs for the offense due to the CPU defender completely whiffing on the ball and the WR catches and takes it to the house. Also in the run game, It's ridiculously easy to just accelerate in a slightly different direction (no juke or spin required) and get a lot more yards that shouldn't be there if the CPU defenders just took better pursuit angles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Poor pursuit angles and misplayed balls in the air

Pursuit angles are a problem which is also compounded by nerfs to tackling. Guys without abilities can simply fail to animate on any given snap. Don't even get me started on INT returns. Unless the score will result in a lead change I don't even bother giving chase at this point.

I really like the ratings spread on the regular rosters. When it comes to TAK and PUR, however, they were far too harsh on the low end of the pool. This is a big tip for anyone who plays all their franchise games and needs to build out a defense. Maximize both of these ratings at every position on the field. They are "master" ratings that improve almost every aspect of defensive performance.

If the spin move hadn't been so silly last year I would've said Madden 19 had it exactly right. Defenders could mostly get you on the ground, but a well timed juke could leave them grasping at air. Having conservative tackles be so strong was a blessing. I wish they'd bring *that* back.

Misplaying ball in air is a failure animation. You can finish the play. If you don't want to do that you can also change your coaching adjustments to play the ball more aggressively. You'll get more INTs, but your whiffs are going to also be more frequent because now you can't get swats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »