Home

Has the Expansion team stuff been touched at all in MyLeague?

This is a discussion on Has the Expansion team stuff been touched at all in MyLeague? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2019, 11:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Has the Expansion team stuff been touched at all in MyLeague?

I love doing MyLeague and using an expansion team. I add 2 expansion teams a season until all the divisions have +1 team after 3 years. It’s a lot of fun to build up a team from nothing for me and for the most part 2k offers the best GM options for any franchise type mode in sports games.

Something that sort of detracted from doing that in the past was that there was no pre-game stuff whatsoever with your team as an expansion team. No shots of players warming up, etc. I know they’ve added even more of this type of stuff in 2k20, but is it still not available to see when you play as expansion teams? Or did they finally add it in?

Also how’s MyLeague at this point? I’ve read that simulated stats are horrible after a season or two. With as much customization we have in MyLeague, isn’t there any way to fix that? And for other problems with the mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Has the Expansion team stuff been touched at all in MyLeague?

They added warm up outfits for expansion teams! This was sometimes pointed out to a reason they didn’t do the pre-game warm up stuff for expansion teams... but in my first game it went straight to tip off.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:17 PM   #3
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

For the first time ever for me, I've used the expansion team feature. I added two teams, but I have a bug: the players on these teams are invisible during games you try to play. You can practice with them, but not play games with or against them.

Has anyone else ever seen this?
Old 09-24-2019, 11:56 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
For the first time ever for me, I've used the expansion team feature. I added two teams, but I have a bug: the players on these teams are invisible during games you try to play. You can practice with them, but not play games with or against them.

Has anyone else ever seen this?
I’ve done quite a few expansion team MyLeagues so far this year and hasn’t happened to me.... really weird.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:27 AM   #5
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
I’ve done quite a few expansion team MyLeagues so far this year and hasn’t happened to me.... really weird.

What platform are you on? Also, did you download teams/designs from 2Kshare or did you make your own? If you downloaded, were they made by 2K or by users?

I made teams with user created designs from the user designs directory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
What platform are you on? Also, did you download teams/designs from 2Kshare or did you make your own? If you downloaded, were they made by 2K or by users?

I made teams with user created designs from the user designs directory.
PS4. I used 4 premade teams and then downloaded 2 teams from the user section and tweaked the one I use quite a bit.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:13 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's been a glitch that's been in the game for a few years now. The only fix that I've found is that before you start the game you have to select the jerseys and go through each option. Once the preview loads up that will fix the invisible players.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
They added warm up outfits for expansion teams! This was sometimes pointed out to a reason they didn’t do the pre-game warm up stuff for expansion teams... but in my first game it went straight to tip off.
Is this just for the premade teams, or for the user branded teams as well? I've been thinking about moving the Grizzlies to Seattle, but when I do that they still wear Grizzlies warmups. If by creating the Sonics as an expansion team allows me to have proper warmups, I might just do that

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »