Home

NBA 2K20 MyLeague: GOAT Contender Off the Rim

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 MyLeague: GOAT Contender Off the Rim within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K20 MyLeague: GOAT Contender Off the Rim

NBA 2K20's MyLeague mode is, in a word, frustrating. Were it not for some truly baffling...

Written By: Matthew Ederer

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 MyLeague: GOAT Contender Off the Rim

Why no mention of the team chemistry/morale issues many are facing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #3
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Great article exposing the issues in Myleague. It was tough but fair. I was especially elated that OS, which is primarily offline centric, dedicated a lions share of the article real estate to MLO. The MLO disconnects during timeouts have largely been addressed through updates and hot fixes and perhaps even in the patches thought the notes are sparse. The only disconnects occuring now are when users try to play consecutive games without doing a hard reset to clear to their cache, the game will disconnect on tip off. But if both owners do hard resets, it is smooth and stable. I continue to hold out hope that the contract extensions, team options, and offseason crashes after the 3rd offseason are addressed by 2k. Thanks for giving MLO some love in this article as it was a pleasant surprise. ML and MLO users are kindred spirits, one just prefers to play humans as opposed to the cpu, but we both want a functioning myleague platform that is stable and as glitch free as possible.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 09-27-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 33

Great to see a write up that does not overreacts nor understate the issues, some issues may or may not have been mentioned, but this is an honest evaluation of the state of the mode.

Having said that, as the writter does, the Devs need to be thanked and their merits need to be recoginzed, as they have made the best franchise mode within these consoles sports genre and have the foundation to do an even greater mode in the near future (looking at you PS5 version, there is no longer an excuse for having a restrictive version on updated consoles, this aint the 90s or early 2000s).

Here is to hope for some extended attention to bugs and crashes fixing. This game and mode has certaintly the outlines of GOAT in it, lets make it real, lets make it more functional.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornets and Saints
Why no mention of the team chemistry/morale issues many are facing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No particular reason, we just tried to pick out a bushel of issues, if we missed one close to your heart, then it's not done with any malice. And you're mentioning it here so there's that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Cool, my list of issues made the article. Out of the 3 I mentioned, that qualifying offer glitch is the most annoying. I can work around the other 2 glitches, but I can't seem to find a workaround for the QO glitch.

In regards to the other issues mentioned in the article, I have never noticed the Draft Class age glitch before...I am going to check that out for myself soon.

Also, my game has never crashed at the player retirement screen, or crashed at any time for that matter. I only play MyLeague offline and have never tried any of the online modes this year, maybe that has something to do with the crashing issues somehow.

And the team/player option glitch is still there. I edited my roster and removed all team and player options from basically every player to work around this glitch.

30 team control is a must in MyLeague.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #7
Pro

flyer1985's Arena

OVR: 3
Don't forget that since they introduced the historic classes, every real player has the amount of years pro they had when they retired. Incredibly annoying to go through and fix that
NCAA: Indiana Hoosiers
Old 09-27-2019, 03:07 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Appreciate the article. I think the G league progression glitch is a BIG deal.

So is the option issue, but at least I can edit contracts to work around.

With the G league glitch, even if you do G league callups/send downs as manual, the free agents that play down there still jump significantly and then the CPU signs them to big contracts in the off season.

In addition to the morale issue not being in the article another significant issue is the CPU does not sign 2nd round picks. EVER. No matter how close the cap, no matter how few roster spots filled, they do not sign 2nd round picks. Then these 2nd round picks turn around and sign 2 and 3 year deals at 3 and 4 million per season.

Also stats per 36 minutes don't work in the player stats menu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »