Home

Zone, especially 2-3 seriously needs to be nerfed

This is a discussion on Zone, especially 2-3 seriously needs to be nerfed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2019, 06:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Zone, especially 2-3 seriously needs to be nerfed

I put my guys in the right positions to beat the zone but every time I make the right pass the player doesn't make a clean catch no matter if he's open or not and by doing that, it allows the defense to recover every single time. No matter what I do, they can't go straight up with a shot and there's always a delay on catch and shoot situations whether it be in the corner or the wing. You'll catch it and hit square and he'll just stand there and shooting doesn't even register on the initial catch. It's so freaking annoying and I sincerely hope this gets nerfed. Last year it wasn't much of a problem but this year it's terrible. It's becoming the meta for defense in online games and it's too much of a crutch for somebody to rely on. Please nerf this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

Re: Zone, especially 2-3 seriously needs to be nerfed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan8
I put my guys in the right positions to beat the zone but every time I make the right pass the player doesn't make a clean catch no matter if he's open or not and by doing that, it allows the defense to recover every single time. No matter what I do, they can't go straight up with a shot and there's always a delay on catch and shoot situations whether it be in the corner or the wing. You'll catch it and hit square and he'll just stand there and shooting doesn't even register on the initial catch. It's so freaking annoying and I sincerely hope this gets nerfed. Last year it wasn't much of a problem but this year it's terrible. It's becoming the meta for defense in online games and it's too much of a crutch for somebody to rely on. Please nerf this!
on the other Hand Zone is Not implemented correctly and players tend to move to the wrong spots on defense All the time, which completely decreases it's effectiveness. you are really vulnerable to inside points when playing 2-3.....
Old 09-28-2019, 08:17 AM   #3
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Im not in favor of nerfing things, like defense, just because one or a few people cant beat it
Old 09-28-2019, 08:44 AM   #4
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan8
It's becoming the meta for defense in online games and it's too much of a crutch for somebody to rely on. Please nerf this!
"Balance" is probably a better word, but I get it. Since 2K's zones have none of the weaknesses (open shots, passing, offensive rebounds, dribble penetration) of real ones its bad. As a matter of fact with the EZ mode passing lanes steals, the one way you beat a zone (ball movement) is alot more risky than it should be. Case in point this defender (in the paint no less) with a "Deion" steal on a pass to the wing.

Then there's the bobbled catches that hinder ball movement. Keep in mind CHEESERS can throw full court passes galore and have zero issues

But I agree, when the meta is contrary to the sport (and unbalanced) take it out unless it can be properly implemented.

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-28-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Zone should be taken out until they fix it as it’s unnatural for the CPU to cover unnatural amount of space with 2 steps! Plus you’ll never see the cpu ever slide out of position or slow on recovery. I think their recovery position is at 80% when it should be lowered below 50% if they committed to a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2019, 02:57 PM   #6
Rookie

You can see by those videos that the zone definitely needs to be nerfed. It's not about me being able to beat it, I've beaten it for years. However, it literally is a crutch for people this year and is way too overpowered to beat it consistently. There is way too much forgiveness for when somebody makes a mistake running a zone because once you find an opening and get a clean pass to a shooter or post player, they have a delayed catch by fumbling the ball. It even happens when somebody is not even within 5 feet of the player. What would have been a clean catch and shoot against a zone last year is pretty much gone in 2K20. Look at how every single catch is bobbled and by the time you grab it and make the pass to the opposite corner, the majority of the time the defense has already recovered by that time and your open shot is screwed. It's ridiculous that every single pass with legitimately good passers and players with good hands ratings is bobbled and ruins the spacing you have once you make the correct read and play.

2K, please look into this and address it.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:11 PM   #7
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

“Then there's the bobbled catches that hinder ball movement. Keep in mind CHEESERS can throw full court passes galore and have zero issues“

That’s one thing that has bothered me about this game since the original 2k is the passing...there’s too many zip passes that go over 35 and 40 feet with a defender in between that if you don’t put some loft on it should be deflected but it’s not...

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-29-2019, 10:13 PM   #8
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
"Balance" is probably a better word, but I get it. Since 2K's zones have none of the weaknesses (open shots, passing, offensive rebounds, dribble penetration) of real ones its bad. As a matter of fact with the EZ mode passing lanes steals, the one way you beat a zone (ball movement) is alot more risky than it should be. Case in point this defender (in the paint no less) with a "Deion" steal on a pass to the wing.

Then there's the bobbled catches that hinder ball movement. Keep in mind CHEESERS can throw full court passes galore and have zero issues

But I agree, when the meta is contrary to the sport (and unbalanced) take it out unless it can be properly implemented.

The long pass cheese. I absolutely hate. There’s too many zip passes that are 30 to 40 feet long that go right over the players head and the defender somehow never sees it but it always lands right where the receiver is. He never runs under the ball its BS and unrealistic.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »