Home

Face Scan Still Broken On Android

This is a discussion on Face Scan Still Broken On Android within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2019, 03:45 AM   #1
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
Face Scan Still Broken On Android

Every time I go to use the 2k20 app, and go to scan my face, the front facing camera comes up and it makes my head look super thin like a cone head.

This is the 3rd phone I've had in the past month and it's still doing it.

This has nothing to do with iPhone or Android as an OS. It has everything to do with developers that still can't get face scan fixed a month after the games launch, and 5 game patches in.

The mobile app department is completely separate so there is no reason why this should still be broken
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 04:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Face Scan Still Broken On Android

Why people always say something is broken, when it just doesn't work for them personally?
Worked fine for me, needed 2-3 tries to get an acceptable result (with the first try having this "face meets boxer and then a truck" result) and thats it.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:19 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

"face scan still broken ON ANDROID"

-> "this has nothing to do with iPhone or Android as an OS"

I have to admit, I cannot use the front camera for the face scan, too, as the app seems to not recognize the resolution/aspect ratio of my front camera. It gets stretched resulting in the app not recognizing my face. With the back camera, everything is working fine.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:08 AM   #4
Rookie

Encountered this problem a couple of times. Just go back to previous menu and then go back to scan again.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatlopuyo
Encountered this problem a couple of times. Just go back to previous menu and then go back to scan again.
You're right you have to go back to the same menu over and over until it works.

The problem is that even the very best lighting it always misses one or two pictures.

So it goes back to face scan again, with the camera aspect ratio off. If I try to back out of this screen and go back in, it starts the face scan over.

and of course every time you go through the face scan process once and it doesn't work, for me at least, you have to restart the app.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 10:50 AM   #6
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffty
Why people always say something is broken, when it just doesn't work for them personally?
Worked fine for me, needed 2-3 tries to get an acceptable result (with the first try having this "face meets boxer and then a truck" result) and thats it.

You don't understand, I've tried three or four devices. I tried the Pixel 3. I've tried the Pixel 3a, I've tried a tablet, I've tried the LG G7.

On every single device I've tried, it pulls out the front facing camera making my face look like a cone head because of the aspect ratio.

If it works this way on 5 different devices for me, honestly it was probably broken for you too... or you just got the luck of the draw like some other people said, it launches correctly about 10% of the time.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #7
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

All you have to do is back out of face scan then go back to it... happens occasionally to me. Takes two seconds to press the back button then back into face scan. It will adjust then.

Relax
Old 10-02-2019, 01:51 AM   #8
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

Get someone else to use the back camera?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »