Home

How do you get offball movement without calling plays

This is a discussion on How do you get offball movement without calling plays within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #1
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you get offball movement without calling plays

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I play 2K mostly against the CPU and my whole offense is just typically me running pick and rolls or pick and pops and if a defender comes over to help or double team I pass it off to the open guy. This can make for some pretty boring games. Is there a way to get offball movement without running plays? I've messed around with freelance and motion and etc. but I don't actually have any idea what I'm doing or what setting I'm looking for to get my guys to move around, set screens to get guys open, etc. etc.

Help and exact settings would be much appreciated, thanks guys.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #2
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

Re: How do you get offball movement without calling plays

Look at " DaCzar's; youtube channel
Old 10-02-2019, 10:16 AM   #3
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I play 2K mostly against the CPU and my whole offense is just typically me running pick and rolls or pick and pops and if a defender comes over to help or double team I pass it off to the open guy. This can make for some pretty boring games. Is there a way to get offball movement without running plays? I've messed around with freelance and motion and etc. but I don't actually have any idea what I'm doing or what setting I'm looking for to get my guys to move around, set screens to get guys open, etc. etc.

Help and exact settings would be much appreciated, thanks guys.
If you have playcall on auto and playart set to show all plays you should definitely be getting some kind of motion from set plays, freelances, and series. Also you can always use the d-pad to call a 2k smart play or run motion offense.

EDIT: My bad...I see you asked how to get movement WITHOUT calling plays...I have never had a problem with movement, make sure you have ACE turned on for offense and defense.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 10-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarden
Look at " DaCzar's; youtube channel
Thanks I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
If you have playcall on auto and playart set to show all plays you should definitely be getting some kind of motion from set plays, freelances, and series. Also you can always use the d-pad to call a 2k smart play or run motion offense.

EDIT: My bad...I see you asked how to get movement WITHOUT calling plays...I have never had a problem with movement, make sure you have ACE turned on for offense and defense.

Yeah I'm trying to avoid calling plays haha but ok cool I'll make sure ACE is turned on

Edit: I turned it on and guys are moving around and etc. but nobody is setting screens off ball or trying to get open, away from defenders. Is there anyway I can get that kind of movement?

Last edited by Riggins; 10-02-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:35 AM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Run a freelance.

Right on the D-Pad, LB, Y will have you running a pretty simple but effective Motion offense.

You can dive deeper into others but that one is a pretty good start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #6
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Run a freelance.

Right on the D-Pad, LB, Y will have you running a pretty simple but effective Motion offense.

You can dive deeper into others but that one is a pretty good start.
I SECOND THIS...AND DON'T FORGET TO TURN THAT PLAYVISION ON FOR ALL PLAYS....It's a major help if you're not familiar with the freelances.

SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 10-02-2019, 11:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
I SECOND THIS...AND DON'T FORGET TO TURN THAT PLAYVISION ON FOR ALL PLAYS....It's a major help if you're not familiar with the freelances.

Yeah I'll turn playvision on maybe that'll help. What freelances have the most ball movement? And did they get rid of the options to space the shooter/cut/etc.? I see spacing shooters but that's it. There used to be like those 3 options for each freelance set in the older 2Ks

Old 10-02-2019, 12:31 PM   #8
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins
Yeah I'll turn playvision on maybe that'll help. What freelances have the most ball movement? And did they get rid of the options to space the shooter/cut/etc.? I see spacing shooters but that's it. There used to be like those 3 options for each freelance set in the older 2Ks
Personally I like the Flow freelance that the Blazers run but from the sounds of what you're looking for you might like the Spurs motion freelance. As far as making players cut or whatever I think it's under the positional playcalls, press L1 then R1 and the players corresponding icon and see if you find it there. I might be wrong, I'm so use to doing stuff by muscle memory that its hard for me to tell you the exact buttons lol

Last edited by Koosa1027; 10-02-2019 at 12:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »