Home

What Franchise Mode is Missing

This is a discussion on What Franchise Mode is Missing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2019, 02:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What Franchise Mode is Missing

We all know Franchise mode isn't where we want it to be, but one thing stands out to me to be the most important. Scheme and playbook are just too hollow.

I'm trying my best to articulate what I mean, but it's a hard to put it in words. I want to be able to develop my own scheme, and have scheme be an important part of determing what positions put up what stats. I liked the steps EA has taken towards this with archetypes and formation subs, but it's not where it needs to be IMO.

The way I envision this being implemented is through a series of sliders. Madden a few years ago had the Run/Pass tendency slider, Id like to see that make a comeback. Id also like playing time slider at each position. Auto-subs somewhat accomplishes that, but it's not very intuitive. Id like a system that says RB1 gets 70% of snaps, RB2 gets 25%, RB3 gets 5%. Or if I wanted to roll with a two-headed monster, I could go 50-50 with RBs 1 and 2. Of course I could do this manually in-game, but I'm a player that sims most of the games and handles the roster stuff. Id also like sliders that dictate how often WR is the 1st read vs TE vs RB. If I want 1980s 49ers Offense where my RB goes for 90 Rec for 1000 Yds- I want to be able to set my scheme up to revolve around the RB. If I want to have a Fullback who's heavily involved as a pass catcher, I want to be able to set that up.

I don't know if this is really making sense to anyone else, what it really comes down to is I want more control and customization when it comes to developing how my team plays. Right now, I feel like no matter what playbook or scheme you choose in that menu, the stats results are basically random, aside from the Cowboys playbook consistently yielding a top rusher.

If Im wrong, please let me know, but I feel like now, If I were to choose let's say the Browns playbook, no matter what I choose as the "scheme" the simmed stats and the simmed playcall remain the same no? CLE playbook with West Coast Power Run or with Vertical Zone Run yields the same simmed stats. If that's the case, does it not leave "scheme" basically useless?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #2
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Franchise Mode is Missing

The number one thing it's missing for me: immersion. It just feels like you go through the motions, there's really no sense of anything you're doing actually mattering.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
The number one thing it's missing for me: immersion. It just feels like you go through the motions, there's really no sense of anything you're doing actually mattering.
I think the ability to fully customize and personalize your experience would go a long way in increasing immersion. If I could set up my scheme tailored to what I want to see on the field, and then those choices are reflected via simming stats, it'd feel like what you do matters.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:31 PM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011

Where is this emphasis on News that they talked about with the last patch? News is still hidden away in the corner and i never see it unless I am going to check my stats. That would help the immersion.

Fifa sucks this year, but the past few years they've had a cool news feature on the main franchise mode page that scrolls through videos and screenshots from around the world. That would be a nice addition to madden.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah I agree with the OP for sure, at the very least I would like to be able to set the archetypes for each position, and treat WR1 different from WR2. I mean maybe I want a big physical receiver as 'X' and more of a deep threat guy at the 'Y'. I don't think in real life it is beneficial to have all "Physical" or all "Deep Threats". Probably want one of each. In fact I would rather they call the positions 'X', 'Y', and 'Z' also rather than "WR1", "WR2", and "WR3".

On defense "WILL" and "SAM" instead of "LOLB" and "ROLB". Or at least the option to play strong/weak side on defense. I mean they already have auto flip for your defense - it's just that the players don't auto flip along with the formation. So why can't they just switch the players to match? (I know 3-4 Predator and 3-4 Over ED sort of do this, at least with WILL and SAM but it needs expanded on).

Like if I want to a run a 4-3 Under front with the SAM on the line of scrimmage and the 3T play on the weak side - I want the SAM on the line of scrimmage on the strong side of the field. I don't want my WILL lining up on the line of scrimmage when the tight end is lined up to the left instead of the right (for example). I want to use one guy as the 3T and one as the 0/1 T, not have them switch positions when the defense is flipped.

Last edited by burth179; 10-09-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #6
Pro

Ya’ll should check out sapps draft classes in the rosters section.

The classes + 100 pg scouting reports help provide immersion that madden generally lacks.

You wont be disappointed.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #7
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7

Three simple things for me that would go a long way in helping franchise viable esp for offline users.

1. Manual Injury System:

Hate having to wait till week one to start franchises if this was implement most of us would do the work ourselves and allows us to remove players and add players from IR. (Josh Gordon)

2. Ability to sim games individually without advancing a whole week:

Don’t understand how they don’t have this in this has been in madden since the early day’s and last few years they removed it for whatever reason pretty simple fix really.

3. Allow us to edit player type and coaching schemes:

Again same as number two had this feature in a few years ago and suddenly was removed.

If these three things were added i would be pretty happy to play madden but as of now the mode is so bland.
NRL:New Zealand Warriors

Old 10-09-2019, 04:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
Ya’ll should check out sapps draft classes in the rosters section.

The classes + 100 pg scouting reports help provide immersion that madden generally lacks.

You wont be disappointed.
What game system?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »