Home

Build your PERFECT NBA game - Using only 2K20 and prior 2K's

This is a discussion on Build your PERFECT NBA game - Using only 2K20 and prior 2K's within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Build your PERFECT NBA game - Using only 2K20 and prior 2K's

Hi all,

Thought this would be a fun exercise. As we all know, NEW doesn't always mean the best for all, in fact many prefer past games more, and enjoy certain gameplay aspects/features from past titles. New doesn't always mean 'better" in terms of gameplay, features, or graphics.

The exercise is: Build your perfect game, which can only include gameplay/features/Graphics from NBA 2K20 and past 2K titles. I will start.

Gameplay

Foot planting - 2K16
Player Movement overall - 2k16/2K17 (Defense 2K16, Offense 2K17), pace 2K14 this gen
Dribbling - Feel 2K17 - with the 4 sizeup option from 2K16
Shooting feel - 2K17
Post game - 2K16
Variety of driving animations - 2K20
Right stick usage on the perimeter for shooting moves - 2K20
Right stick usage on drives - 2K17
Off ball movement and logic - 2K16
Defense overall - 2K16
Shot blocking - 2K16
Stealing - 2K14 (This gen)
Passing - 2K17
SFX (dribbling. shot blocking, rim, net) - 2K16
SFX (Crowd) - 2K14 this gen
Foul system: 2K14 this gen

Graphics

Lighting - 2K14 (This gen)
Player models - 2K16
Cyberfaces - 2K20
Gameplay view - 2K16
Close-ups - 2K20
In gameplay presentation - 2K20 or 2K11
Menus - 2K17 with the cool animated players from 2K16, and the team select screen of 2K14 this gen

Features

Jordan Challenge - 2K11
Greatest Mode - 2K12
Roster Content - 2K20
MyTeam - 2K15
MyLeague - 2K20

*I'm an offline player, so you can add what you want here.

So if I could build the ultimate game only using 2K's from current and the past, that is how I would build it.

What about you?

Note: Your choices shouldnt be based on "mods" or "modded". I am talking about the default 2Ks games, as they appear on console or PC without mods.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

Re: Build your PERFECT NBA game - Using only 2K20 and prior 2K's

NBA 2k19 interface/features with NBA 2k20 graphics, rosters, and gameplay. Oh man I’d be so content.

If MyTeam could revert to 15’, I’d be tempted to play online again. Back when it was a more realistic card mode.

Last edited by Zeke11; 10-11-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke11
NBA 2k19 interface/features with NBA 2k20 graphics, rosters, and gameplay. Oh man I’d be so content.

If MyTeam could revert to 15’, I’d be tempted to play online again. Back when it was a more realistic card mode.
NBA 2K15 MyTeam was the best for me as well, Live 16 also had a great Ultimate Team experience.

Both of those felt less "grindy" and "mindless", and more competitive and purpose driven.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:51 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
Hi all,

Thought this would be a fun exercise. As we all know, NEW doesn't always mean the best for all, in fact many prefer past games more, and enjoy certain gameplay aspects/features from past titles. New doesn't always mean 'better" in terms of gameplay, features, or graphics.

The exercise is: Build your perfect game, which can only include gameplay/features/Graphics from NBA 2K20 and past 2K titles. I will start.

Gameplay

Foot planting - 2K16
Player Movement overall - 2k16/2K17 (Defense 2K16, Offense 2K17), pace 2K14 this gen
Shooting feel - 2K17
Post game - 2K16
Defense overall - 2K16
Shot blocking - 2K16
Passing - 2K17

Graphics

Player models - 2K16
Cyberfaces - 2K20
Gameplay view - 2K16
Close-ups - 2K20
Menus - 2K17 with the cool animated players from 2K16, and the team select screen of 2K14 this gen

Features

Jordan Challenge - 2K11
Greatest Mode - 2K12
Roster Content - 2K20
MyTeam - 2K15
MyLeague - 2K20

So if I could build the ultimate game only using 2K's from current and the past, that is how I would build it.

What about you?

Note: Your choices shouldnt be based on "mods" or "modded". I am talking about the default 2Ks games, as they appear on console or PC without mods.

I would want the blacktop mode from past games with multiple courts, the slam dunk competition (used to love that) and I liked in 2k12 how you could play h.o.r.s.e in times square, as well as the first person crib you could walk around in and decorate how you liked, and agree with everything you said otherwise : )
Old 10-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #5
Rookie

DatSamuraiRose's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
Hi all,

Gameplay

Foot planting - 2K16
Shooting feel - 2K17
Post game - 2K16
Defense overall - 2K16
Shot blocking - 2K16
Passing - 2K17

Graphics

Player models - 2K16
Cyberfaces - 2K20
Gameplay view - 2K16
Close-ups - 2K20

Features

Jordan Challenge - 2K11
Greatest Mode - 2K12
Roster Content - 2K20
MyTeam - 2K15
MyLeague - 2K20

What about you?

I really do miss creating a legend mode even though we have player lock now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
Take what we have now and fix all the MyLeague bugs, make progression more realistic, fix G-League progression, make great auto-generated draft classes, etc.

Make the soundtrack better, get rid of all the mumble rap.

Somehow work with the NCAA to be able to add some of the college teams if there could ever be a way to pay the athletes for use of their likeness. Also allow some these players to be included for draft classes.

Delete all classic teams with less than 10 actual players and replace them with more accurate teams they actually have the players for.

Make MyCareer less of a forced story and more about choices and consequences. Make it akin to The Show's Road to the Show

Update presentation to show more individual stats during the game. Could also make a deal with TNT to give us a NBA on TNT presentation.

This may be in this year but if not make it to where expansion teams in MyLeague get a pre-show just like all the actual teams.

I'm sure there are more but that's all I've got off the top of my head.
I would love them to get a official deal with TNT, I am surprised it hasn't happened already. Fun fact, NBA 09 THE INSIDE had the full license, TNT scoreboard and all. If I remember correctly, Kenny Smith was also a commentator.

In regards to gameplay, you wouldnt change ANYTHING from 2K20? Like you wouldn't put the foot planting of prior games possibly? The volume of skating in the last three titles hurts my gameplay experience quite a bit, we had instances of it in past games, but not nearly as constant and impactful. The players are literally floating above the floor at times, and players speed breaks quite a bit as well.

That's why I tried to give different categories for the different areas of gameplay. I would love the defense, and positives of the player movement from 2K16 in 2K20, it would be a gamechanger for me.

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 10-16-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #7
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

A mix of 2K11, 2K13, 2K16 and 2K20 from a gameplay perspective would be perfect. Graphically give me the crowd lighting of 2K14 this gen and everything else graphically 2K20. Soundtrack wise a mix of some of the games I’ve mentioned earlier and a few of the standout tracks from some of the lesser 2K’s would be perfect. Something I’d love from last gen is if they called MyLeague, The Association again. That name was way more clean and sounded better.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:02 PM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

The 2k which didn't have green releases then build from there. 2k20 gameplay I enjoy a lot. I'm still playing the game which I usually stop after reaching 90 for myplayer.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »