Home

seeking passings tips

This is a discussion on seeking passings tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2019, 03:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
seeking passings tips

in my franchise i have a 93 overall young strong arm qb with 94 throw power. i have 5 wr 85-98 d hopkins, micheal thomas, and 3 realy fast deep threat 95 speed or higher. my problem is trying to find out how to use them the best. i can get the 2 elite guys to catch open passes but im failing to get them to catch 1v1 vs low level cbs on all madden any tips on how to win a jump ball? and with my burners when i throw the ball to them deep after there pass there db they always get caught up to i can never hit them in stride any advice on throwing the deep ball? i have guy in my league with hill and another fast guy an when he throws his wr run to the ball with the dbs trailing and its usually a touch down while my guys have to try to catch a jump ball from a much slower db he refuses to share how he dose it so im asking for some help with the passing. i already run very well i lead our league by alot mainly because i run 95% a game due to not being able to use my wr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: seeking passings tips

First thing, you on all Madden. The AI is set up to make things hard so unless you run cheese plays with animation that always creates space then it is what it is. Second, slants and ins and outs can work for you cause your strong arm can make the throws.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

You’re probably throwing the deep ball too late. Don’t wait until the WR has a step, as soon as you see that there is no safety help and the WR has position lob it deep.

Your WR will gain separation while the ball is enroute.

When I go deep I usually make the decision by the 3rd step of my dropback.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #4
Pro

I don't know what to tell you. I've given up years ago on throwing that deep sideline pass... every time I do, it because a jump ball situation. The deepest pass that I have semi regular success with is the ACE 2 TE formation post play.

I have a 60/40 success rate with that play. But as far as hitting that receiver streaking down the sideline or streaking down the hashmarks... nah... it doesn't happen.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
First thing, you on all Madden. The AI is set up to make things hard so unless you run cheese plays with animation that always creates space then it is what it is. Second, slants and ins and outs can work for you cause your strong arm can make the throws.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
yeah i have no problem with those routes at all. its catching jump balls or throwing deep where my issue is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You’re probably throwing the deep ball too late. Don’t wait until the WR has a step, as soon as you see that there is no safety help and the WR has position lob it deep.

Your WR will gain separation while the ball is enroute.

When I go deep I usually make the decision by the 3rd step of my dropback.
wow well u figured me out there fast. i didnt know that was a issue most people ( youtubers smh) tell u wait for the step then lob but then my guy is standing waiting on the ball. ill try this out thank you i never thought about it that way.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
I don't know what to tell you. I've given up years ago on throwing that deep sideline pass... every time I do, it because a jump ball situation. The deepest pass that I have semi regular success with is the ACE 2 TE formation post play.

I have a 60/40 success rate with that play. But as far as hitting that receiver streaking down the sideline or streaking down the hashmarks... nah... it doesn't happen.
i see my buddy do it to me often but never knew why, the ggisimmonds guy above just gave me a great reason why i cant do it
Old 10-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadheadnympho
i see my buddy do it to me often but never knew why, the ggisimmonds guy above just gave me a great reason why i cant do it
I'll give it a shot to see what happens. Logically it makes sense but this game does not always apply logic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »