Home

Roster question

This is a discussion on Roster question within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Roster question

Why does it take so long to get roster updates for this game.The rosters do not update portraits or player likenesses.And many of the players look nothing like the player.In other words the rosters made by EA are poor.If you're too lazy to make good rosters it's way beyond time for roster share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Roster question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy
Why does it take so long to get roster updates for this game.The rosters do not update portraits or player likenesses.And many of the players look nothing like the player.In other words the rosters made by EA are poor.If you're too lazy to make good rosters it's way beyond time for roster share.
I am 100% with you. They are also not willing to create best as possible generic faces. Yes, their Roster are poor and quick made and without any love for details.To add a Photo to a Player when I create him should be minimum basic work. They made so many scans during all the years an did not add these likenesses to the Game. I wrote a personal letter to Andrew Wilson, the Main Director of this Company two weeks ago. Do not know if he has received. When, let’s hope it will change something. I also post strongly on their advertisements at social media platforms.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:57 PM   #3
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

It's a combination of things:
-All players joining the NHLPA (after they've played a game in the NHL), have to sign off on using their likeness in the game. The AHL, CHL, etc. don't have a similar agreement, meaning EA can have these other players in the game. Unfortunately, that means that the release roster is actually better than the first roster release, because you've still got all of those Jr. guys before you lose them for a couple of weeks. I'd assume that they also don't want to release 10 updates in the first couple of weeks of the season, when they receive the contracts to put the players back in the game.
-The portraits and facial likenesses have very little to do with each other. EA has to do facial scans to actually put their likeness in the game. I agree, it should be done, and done more consistently, but with the NHL dev team located in Vancouver, it makes it much more difficult.
-I will 100% agree though that there should just be a roster sharing option. It's in every other sports game. I'm going to go with my gut here and say that it's because, with the minor tweaks in the game every year, there'd be little incentive to buy the game new every year.

I'm enjoying NHL 20, but with a share feature (rosters, sliders, etc.), this would be so much better. Doubt we see it any time soon though.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
It's a combination of things:
-All players joining the NHLPA (after they've played a game in the NHL), have to sign off on using their likeness in the game. The AHL, CHL, etc. don't have a similar agreement, meaning EA can have these other players in the game. Unfortunately, that means that the release roster is actually better than the first roster release, because you've still got all of those Jr. guys before you lose them for a couple of weeks. I'd assume that they also don't want to release 10 updates in the first couple of weeks of the season, when they receive the contracts to put the players back in the game.
-The portraits and facial likenesses have very little to do with each other. EA has to do facial scans to actually put their likeness in the game. I agree, it should be done, and done more consistently, but with the NHL dev team located in Vancouver, it makes it much more difficult.
-I will 100% agree though that there should just be a roster sharing option. It's in every other sports game. I'm going to go with my gut here and say that it's because, with the minor tweaks in the game every year, there'd be little incentive to buy the game new every year.

I'm enjoying NHL 20, but with a share feature (rosters, sliders, etc.), this would be so much better. Doubt we see it any time soon though.
What has this to do that the dev Team is located in Vancouver ? They are traveling every year with this scanning machine to the the Rookie showcases, scan the Players there but at the end the most never been added to the game. Here is a list from 2015 till 19. Bolded marked are in the game. Every NHL Team plays minimum one game in Vancouver. They can scan in the building. The main thing is not the scan. They did a lot during the years. The main thing is that this art department is to lazy to add them to the game. They are more busy to create Hut cards and Chel gear. I know all about the rules of the NHLPA, AHL and what is allowed to do or not. There is no excuse for this. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...uGNyV1jMAMpOwo

Last edited by Travolterjohn; 10-23-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:26 PM   #5
MVP

.... forgot. Roster share for me personal is only acceptable with an image upload and a face scan option from the EA Facescan website. An Image for every new added real Player should be a basic work for EA. In no other important Sport game the Gamers need to play with black Frames instead of a photo. https://www.easports.com/de/gamefaceweb/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2019, 05:50 PM   #6
Banned

I agree,and they don't have to face scan players they can use the game face program.Also how much work does it take to make a portrait for a player.If they can't find a photo of every player on the internet they are in the wrong profession.Just laziness.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:53 PM   #7
MVP

Used their Face scan Program last year and scanned Quinn Hughes from a simple Internet Pic ..... the result.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9C71BC69-8AD6-44CF-8329-91A453FEDC75.jpeg (326.3 KB, 74 views)
Old 10-23-2019, 07:26 PM   #8
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

He looks like he was kicked in the face by a mule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »