Home

Rebuilding

This is a discussion on Rebuilding within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rebuilding

Has anyone ever completed rebuilding a team from start to finish with simming a majority of the games?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by mariner690; 10-24-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Rebuilding

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner690
Has anyone ever completed rebuilding a team from start to finish with simming a majority of the games?

Of course. That's the main way I do it, haha.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Of course. That's the main way I do it, haha.

Can you give an example. Did you build your team around players you drafted and prospects acquired via trade?

I am not questioning you in anyway. I am one of many people on here who talk about finding a team to rebuild. But there does not appear to be much talk about them past season one.

Old 10-24-2019, 03:54 PM   #4
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Can you give an example. Did you build your team around players you drafted and prospects acquired via trade?

I am not questioning you in anyway. I am one of many people on here who talk about finding a team to rebuild. But there does not appear to be much talk about them past season one.

I just got the game in September and started a Marlins franchise. I have never completed a major rebuild using mostly nothing but real players. Normally when I do that I use quite a few created players because I think it's more fun that way with it being me and my friends. But I don't make them into super players, I make them all like low 70s ratings and hope they get better just like I would with real prospects. This time I went with 2 pitchers (starter and closer) and 2 position players (catcher and centerfielder)

I then made a ton of trades to get some position players to build around. I managed to keep Brian Anderson but traded for Luke Voit and Max Kepler to give my team 3 solid proven position players. But doing that severely depleted my pitching staff, so it's horrible!! Like I'm using guys like Chase Whitley, Luiz Gohara, and Tyler Anderson in my rotation. Yeah, it's not good at all.

I made it through the month of April and surprising don't have the worst record in baseball, although I've only won 11 games.

BTW, I started my franchise with the OSFM post trade deadline rosters.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 10-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #5
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:

Last year took the Orioles to the world series win in 2025 just by simming. This year I have done it with Miami, Texas, Baltimore, and Kansas City.

I focus on the draft and acquiring prospects for 2 to 3 years then let them grow in the minors. I sign veterans to 1 to 2 year contracts to hold positions over. By about year 6 or 7, I am loaded with talent and can easily sim and win 2 to 3 world series titles over the next 5 to 6 years.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 04:54 PM   #6
All Star

Bard's Arena

Quote:

So I set house rules first.

No unrealistic trades
No unrealistic free agent signings
5 trades in a calendar year
6 MLB free agent contracts in a calendar year

Now for the actual game.

I typically Sim spring training 12 days at a time and put in people I want to see play. Do my cuts and such.

Regular season I Sim monthly. At the conclusion if each month I go and look over my roster. See who is doing well and not well. Decide if I am going to do call downs and ups.

I do this until the draft, and then of course draft and sign my new players.

Sim to ASB. Depends on time if I do the game and Derby and what not. Usually pretty fun!

Then I head to the trade deadline, and with my rebuilding teams I usually use the thread I create every year and if I find trades I think both teams would do, I do them. I typically always give myself the worst of the deal, unless I trade with the Yankees...kidding...

There is likely more I do, but that is a quick rundown. Again, depending on time I'll play a few games a season, but simming is my easiest way to play the game!

Old 10-24-2019, 09:27 PM   #7
Rookie

How about WITHOUT simming a majority of the games?

Old 10-24-2019, 09:37 PM   #8
All Star

Bard's Arena

Quote:
How about WITHOUT simming a majority of the games?

Oh, no. Your post states simming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »