Home

Need help making the game harder

This is a discussion on Need help making the game harder within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Need help making the game harder

Im in the 2nd year of my franchise with the Chargers and I didnt resign Rivers, so I have Tyrod Taylor as QB.

I play on 15 min quarters with run off down to 10 sec, on All Madden difficulty.

I play offense only with most sim/house rules. No user catching, no user switching, no hot routes, when running the ball or running after catch no juking by using the directional stick - only the actual juke moves. I have tried picking my own plays and doing coach suggestions.

QB Pass Acc - 35
Rest of user offense all stock at 50.

CPU pass reaction time, and pass coverage both 100. Rest of CPU settings are 50.

With all that being said, with 2 games left in the season Tyrod Taylor has 4,431 yards, 36 TDs, 14 INTs, and 56 sacks. Im averaging 32.7 points per game and lead the league in first downs and points scored.

Last year Rivers had 5,200 yards, 48 TDs and 6 INTs. I went 16-0 and won the superbowl. Im currently 12-2 with 2 games left this year.

Any suggestions would be really helpful because it is so easy to carve up a CPU defense.

Thanks ahead of time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2019, 09:53 PM   #2
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need help making the game harder

Along with the cpu pass coverage and pass reaction time, you can also adjust the cpu INT. This doesn’t necessarily give them more picks. But, I’ve found it to maybe be the best coverage adjustment. I’ve only upped mine to 51 or 52. Lol. But, seriously, the cpu players seem to play better when changing off WRs in zones. They really seem to play better positionally. You end up having to time your throws a little better. It’s still beatable. And, again, you won’t just simply throw the ball to the defender all the time. But, I’d say you could play with that slider some and see how it changes the game for you.

Crank it up to 100 and see if it’s pick city. Lol. But, for overall gameplay, I suggest keeping it somewhere between 50-60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

I also play on AM my suggestion would be to create a second profile attached to a second controller and make custom playbooks for offense and defense that the CPU can use. The AI play calling is awful on both sides of the ball and it's so easy to predict how to beat or exploit the plays they call... we all have tendencies so create Play books that challenge the way you play and I think you'll see the results you're looking for. I had the same issue and now each game is a battle and I enjoy the challenge hope this helps
Old 10-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #4
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Play no switch, pick a player, stick with that player throughout the play. Also what I do is once I pick a play & break the huddle, I never bring up the playart again. This forces you to know your WR routes, once you throw the ball don't control the WR until he makes the catch.

This type play makes the ratings matter more. Same thing on defense pick a play, select a player to control, remember his assignment(dont bring up the playart). Sometimes I play Dline, slot corner, LB or safety. I found that this style of play is more fun for me, if Im controlling a LB (or any player) and I get blocked, its up to my teammates to make the play.

Also on D if you don't remember your assignment, it could lead to a blown coverage.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
MVP

Re: Need help maQking the game harder

Put all human sliders at zero and all cpu sliders at a hundred. Start adjusting from there until you get the level of competition you want. You can't really have competition and realism in Madden if you are good at the game. You have to make decisions on whether making the game harder is worth the sacrifice. You can not play as Tom Brady with an all 22 view and expect realistic results. The all 22 view means that you should be able to make better decisions and reads than any qb who ever played the game by a lot. Plus, you ain't feeling the pain. How many drops or inaccurate passes are you willing to give up for that. I know cpu interceptions should be crazy high to make you pay for any bad decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2019, 04:58 PM   #6
Just started!

Well can you help me? I am in a franchise with some buddies and they are head and shoulders better than me. They earn crazy XP and upgrade their players in no time. What plays do you run on the CPU for easy touchdowns? What about defense?
Old 10-29-2019, 06:11 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Fanatic
Im in the 2nd year of my franchise with the Chargers and I didnt resign Rivers, so I have Tyrod Taylor as QB.

I play on 15 min quarters with run off down to 10 sec, on All Madden difficulty.

I play offense only with most sim/house rules. No user catching, no user switching, no hot routes, when running the ball or running after catch no juking by using the directional stick - only the actual juke moves. I have tried picking my own plays and doing coach suggestions.

QB Pass Acc - 35
Rest of user offense all stock at 50.

CPU pass reaction time, and pass coverage both 100. Rest of CPU settings are 50.

With all that being said, with 2 games left in the season Tyrod Taylor has 4,431 yards, 36 TDs, 14 INTs, and 56 sacks. Im averaging 32.7 points per game and lead the league in first downs and points scored.

Last year Rivers had 5,200 yards, 48 TDs and 6 INTs. I went 16-0 and won the superbowl. Im currently 12-2 with 2 games left this year.

Any suggestions would be really helpful because it is so easy to carve up a CPU defense.

Thanks ahead of time!
What's easier, the pass or run game? Where is CPU weakest offensively?
Old 10-30-2019, 09:07 AM   #8
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
I also play on AM my suggestion would be to create a second profile attached to a second controller and make custom playbooks for offense and defense that the CPU can use. The AI play calling is awful on both sides of the ball and it's so easy to predict how to beat or exploit the plays they call... we all have tendencies so create Play books that challenge the way you play and I think you'll see the results you're looking for. I had the same issue and now each game is a battle and I enjoy the challenge hope this helps
I like this idea - How do you implement this in a franchise exactly? I would imagine you create a user profile for each team you play against and after the week is over, you retire them. But after the game starts can you make the other team CPU-controlled? I thought that option wasn't available, but could be wrong.

Or do you do this in a completely different way?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »