Home

Need a new direction for my offense. Help!

This is a discussion on Need a new direction for my offense. Help! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Need a new direction for my offense. Help!

Hmmm decisions, decisions, Do I keep rolling with my RPO playbook or roll with my new custom all empty shotgun playbook and go new direction with my offense? Ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2019, 03:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Need a new direction for my offense. Help!

No man don’t do it!!!! Keep rocking the Bill Walsh WCO under center offense. It’s so unique and classic. If you are on Xbox I’ll lab it with you. I have some crazy stuff that no one else runs.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:21 AM   #3
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billwalshwco
No man don’t do it!!!! Keep rocking the Bill Walsh WCO under center offense. It’s so unique and classic. If you are on Xbox I’ll lab it with you. I have some crazy stuff that no one else runs.
Do you play online? How do you protect against Mid blitz/pinch buck o meta? am interested in trying out the west coast book but am terrified of running an under center attack because the heat online is just ridiculous. You are sacked before you are even on your 2nd step dropback.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:58 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
Do you play online? How do you protect against Mid blitz/pinch buck o meta? am interested in trying out the west coast book but am terrified of running an under center attack because the heat online is just ridiculous. You are sacked before you are even on your 2nd step dropback.
You stop pinch buck 0 from under center by running stretch on them til they quit.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:31 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
Hmmm decisions, decisions, Do I keep rolling with my RPO playbook or roll with my new custom all empty shotgun playbook and go new direction with my offense? Ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Why not utilize both? Think about broadening your horizon rather than feeling you have to pick one over another. Your choice, but gradually building off of what you've started with and having plays that attack in alternate ways from similar formations will help to keep your opponents off balance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #6
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Why not utilize both? Think about broadening your horizon rather than feeling you have to pick one over another. Your choice, but gradually building off of what you've started with and having plays that attack in alternate ways from similar formations will help to keep your opponents off balance.
This is great advice. All of the modern great play-callers keep it fluid. Just because you run the spread, doesn't mean that you cannot come out with 3 TEs, or in a heavy-set i-formation. The best offensive approach is to keep it evolving... this way defenses constantly have to attempt to adapt.

Granted I play offline franchise, User vs. CPU, but I still very much employ this approach.

Currently, I am running the 'Multiple Zone Run' offense. What does this mean? I can pass out of power and run out of gun / spread formations. But I can very much still run out of power and throw out of gun / spread.

Essentially, I can and will use any of the 32 team playbooks for a given week, as all can apply to this philosophy.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 10-28-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:02 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
This is great advice. All of the modern great play-callers keep it fluid. Just because you run the spread, doesn't mean that you cannot come out with 3 TEs, or in a heavy-set i-formation. The best offensive approach is to keep it evolving... this way defensives constantly have to attempt to adapt.

Granted I play offline franchise, User vs. CPU, but I still very much employ this approach.

Currently, I am running the 'Multiple Zone Run' offense. What does this mean? I can pass out of power and run out of gun / spread formations. But I can very much still run out of power and throw out of gun / spread.

Essentially, I can and will use any of the 32 team playbooks for a given week, as all can apply to this philosophy.
We have the same overall philosophy. For instance, I'll run I Formation HB Lead or Texas Post on 1st down. I like to think of it this way: Put a play in that you like to run. Afterwards, think of the best defense to call in order to stop that play. Finally, put in another play from that same formation that will eat that defense alive. I do this over and over again while I build my book and install gameplans. It makes playcalling and the overall game experience so much more fun.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:11 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
We have the same overall philosophy. For instance, I'll run I Formation HB Lead or Texas Post on 1st down. I like to think of it this way: Put a play in that you like to run. Afterwards, think of the best defense to call in order to stop that play. Finally, put in another play from that same formation that will eat that defense alive. I do this over and over again while I build my book and install gameplans. It makes playcalling and the overall game experience so much more fun.
3rd this approach.

Another way to approach it along the same lines, but still iterating on what you have that works, is utilizing the same concepts, but from a different set or personnel.

If you do work with the Texas Post concept Edge is talking about out of I, also add an 11 set with the same concept. The opponent will eventually be prepared to cover the TE post and the FB angle, but what if it's the HB running the angle, and the SLWR running the post?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »