Home

So......any possibility of NCAA becoming BC while we wait on a new game?

This is a discussion on So......any possibility of NCAA becoming BC while we wait on a new game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2019, 12:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
So......any possibility of NCAA becoming BC while we wait on a new game?

With this player likeness compensation thing finally settled, which I imagine was the hurdle in the way of MS and EA being able to make NCAA 14 backwards compatible, any chance of this happening in the near future. I understand that itll be a while til we see a new NCAA game, at least 2 years but probably longer realistically, and hey, I'm 100% fine with that.......if they would at least give us BC for NCAA 14 to help ease the pain of waiting for so long before we see a new football game. Thoughts??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2019, 04:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: So......any possibility of NCAA becoming BC while we wait on a new game?

we would be tremendously lucky if they did this. i assume not on the basis that it's still early days and the work would really only be to market how many people use it...but they already know there is a big enough fan base.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:26 AM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
With this player likeness compensation thing finally settled, which I imagine was the hurdle in the way of MS and EA being able to make NCAA 14 backwards compatible, any chance of this happening in the near future. I understand that itll be a while til we see a new NCAA game, at least 2 years but probably longer realistically, and hey, I'm 100% fine with that.......if they would at least give us BC for NCAA 14 to help ease the pain of waiting for so long before we see a new football game. Thoughts??

Possibly compensating players in the future does nothing to compensate players that were represented in NCAA 14.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:27 AM   #4
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
Believe it or not I posted a Thread in M20 Thread. I was wondering this as well. It only makes sense to do that and update the game and school records and the teams that's been added up into now. And the Field art and Make sure the conference patches change and is like all other conference patches to be updated on Jersey patches to match real life. And the *** tackle glitch to we're it didn't record right. I hope they do this soon for us and keep it moving..Update the game but we'll do our own Rosters.

Last edited by cowboy_kmoney; 10-30-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:01 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Probably would still NCAA license for NCAA to be okay with it. And with former players, you'll need make a lot of adjustments to NCAA 14.
But I can see Madden incorporating NCAA more into future titles if teams are more willing to sell brand
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2019, 02:37 PM   #6
Pro

I believe Microsoft came out and said no more titles would be added to backwards compatibility until the new xbox is released. If this is the case then I think it is unlikely we will see NCAA14 on Xbox One.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-30-2019, 03:04 PM   #7
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

No.

Firstly, I don't think player compensation would be a hurdle. Backwards compatibility isn't them selling new titles, so I don't think that would be an issue. Regardless, none of those guys are playing in college anymore and aren't subject to the same amateurism limitations.

Here's the rub, though: has MS made any sports title backwards compatible? I know NCAA 14 is different because it was beloved and the last of its kind, but none of the Maddens are BC. NFL Head Coach 09 was the last of its kind and isn't BC.

Finally, as someone already said, I think they're done with BC stuff till the new console drops.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
No.

Firstly, I don't think player compensation would be a hurdle. Backwards compatibility isn't them selling new titles, so I don't think that would be an issue. Regardless, none of those guys are playing in college anymore and aren't subject to the same amateurism limitations.

Here's the rub, though: has MS made any sports title backwards compatible? I know NCAA 14 is different because it was beloved and the last of its kind, but none of the Maddens are BC. NFL Head Coach 09 was the last of its kind and isn't BC.

Finally, as someone already said, I think they're done with BC stuff till the new console drops.
Fight Night Champion was made backwards compatible last year. That's also an EA Sports game, so I'd assume they could do the same with NCAA 14 if they wanted to.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »