Home

2K has absolutely killed the Floater

This is a discussion on 2K has absolutely killed the Floater within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2019, 01:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2K has absolutely killed the Floater

In 18, it was automatic as long as you weren't contested. Which I felt was fair especially since nobody ever utilized the Tear Dropper badge.
19 it was downright horrible. Couldn't hit with latency, HOF made it automatic for some, but for others you'd basically had to green it for it to hit. Never saw any soul take advantage of it.
20, the floater is completely dead. HOF to not having the badge, I still miss almost every floater I put up unless I green it, which is damn near impossible with latency and inconsistent speed of the meter. Even with Consistent Finisher and Pro Touch on HOF.Animations way too slow to the point you have to pull it from mid and then you'd have to deal with it pulling you. Add on contests working weird, you can get 2 percent covered and brick it.
Feels like a useless badge that could've been a viable tool for some players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2019, 02:12 AM   #2
Banned

Re: 2K has absolutely killed the Floater

I feel like they’ve been dead since 2K13. When i tried to do it last year i would literally get blocked every single time because of how slow and awkward the shot animation is. But i feel like every year it got worse and worse.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:02 AM   #3
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Yet the cpu makes 99,9% of its teardrops, no matter from where on the court, its downright hilarious...
Old 10-30-2019, 04:35 AM   #4
Pro

Floater is one of my specialities from 2K18. It’s a very quick release and redundant, just practice- it is not that difficult. They finally nailed shooting this year.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Floater is one of my specialities from 2K18. It’s a very quick release and redundant, just practice- it is not that difficult. They finally nailed shooting this year.
We must be playing two different games cause I have a 98 slasher and even on HOF with Consistent Finisher and Pro Touch, I'm missing WIDE OPEN floaters. Unless you're so close to the rim, which is pretty much no point to use it there since you can do a layup and have a better chance of hitting the shot.
I've been testing this badge since launch and it's still terrible.
Tear Dropper also isn't part of shooting, it's a finishing badge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2019, 08:44 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimau
We must be playing two different games cause I have a 98 slasher and even on HOF with Consistent Finisher and Pro Touch, I'm missing WIDE OPEN floaters. Unless you're so close to the rim, which is pretty much no point to use it there since you can do a layup and have a better chance of hitting the shot.
I've been testing this badge since launch and it's still terrible.
Tear Dropper also isn't part of shooting, it's a finishing badge.
Yeah, we are. I don't play MyCareer/MyPlayer.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:51 AM   #7
Rookie

I feel the floaters need to be reworked or at least vastly upgraded. In today's NBA it's a huge weapon for some players who can otherwise struggle finishing at the rim (Trae Young, D'Angelo Russell) and many big men utilize it. To me, in 2K they seem so unwieldy and robotic, sometimes I just pull up for a jumper when I think I'm in a floater range, it should be also possible to launch a floater while standing still and I'm not sure that's even possible in the game.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Yeah, we are. I don't play MyCareer/MyPlayer.
It's not just in MyCareer for me. Been getting the same results in Park/Rec

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »