Home

Is there any WORSE play than the Blocked Pass?

This is a discussion on Is there any WORSE play than the Blocked Pass? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2019, 04:05 AM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Is there any WORSE play than the Blocked Pass?

All one can do it laugh at this point. This guy literally guesses wrong on every part of the play and STILL gets a turnover?

He leaves his feet on the pass to the corner (his momentum takes him out of the play but the occasional contact foul here will punish spam) then he switches to Hayward and hits steal--he misses, but of course he stays in perfect position because gameplay isn't Risk/Reward. I move towards him to force him to commit....he thinks i'm shooting and jumps to block my shot. I pass at the last second aaaaaand....

He blocks the pass? Loose ball. TURNOVER.

SPAM RULES.

I'm largely done with 2K20, but was bored...these are the changes to defense? YIKES.

For the last time: The game doesn't need bailout fouls by the AI. Gameplay can get a realistic number of fouls by simply calling the countless user fouls it FLAT OUT ignores.

Last edited by Kushmir; 11-02-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2019, 06:58 AM   #2
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there any WORSE play than the Blocked Pass?

At this point i think we need to wait for ps5 version of the game.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:17 AM   #3
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

I don't disagree (except bigs are too slow in transition) but i'd be lying if I said 2K20 hasn't seriously affected my confidence in the series.

I'm not remotely interested in any virtual sport that has this many core gameplay aspects that function totally the opposite of actual NBA basketball. This is how mistiming a block looks in reality. Both defenders think a shot is coming and get fooled by pump fakes...momentum takes both Dinwiddie and Melli out of the play:

Here's how it looks in 2K--gameplay renders a Neutral Outcome and on the second miss (which shouldn't be a thing) the defender literally gets warped into the offensive player and lands ON him. Foul? NOPE. This is the a game that dares mention skill gap? You gotta be kidding me. Jordan leaves his feet 3 times on this play.

Here's another: SPAM RULES. Timing couldn't matter less...just hit the block button as many times as you can:

Last edited by Kushmir; 11-02-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Blocked pass is one my favorite gameplay improvements. Any area of the game where the ball is live is a plus.

However, they have to call the jumpshooting fouls also. So when guys randomly jump into shooters and offensive players they should recieve fouls.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 11-02-2019, 09:46 AM   #5
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Blocked pass is one my favorite gameplay improvements. Any area of the game where the ball is live is a plus.

However, they have to call the jumpshooting fouls also. So when guys randomly jump into shooters and offensive players they should recieve fouls.
You're....serious? You definitely don't play PNO. So you're saying a user who is going up to block a shot can guess wrong and be rewarded with a deflected pass? Thats as bad as trying to rip a players dribble and then magically warping into the passing lanes. I get that gameplay allows that...but its bad.

Below is a drop-off pass. Its predicated on fooling the other user. I setup the pass to Johnson by shooting 2 elbow shots with McConnell and driving for a layup once. You're saying it should never work...the defender should WARP to the pass even if he thinks a shot is coming. That fooling the defender shouldn't matter? WOW.

Last edited by Kushmir; 11-02-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

You have a lot of legitimate points but an overhead pass isn’t the right pass there with a defender in the air. That type of pass regardless of the terrible D before it should lead to a deflection since its being thrown high. I’d be just as upset if the ball morphed through the defender.

Increasing the shooting fouls called is a better way to balance the gameplay here than to let the ball morph through on the wrong type of pass.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #7
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
You have a lot of legitimate points but an overhead pass isn’t the right pass there with a defender in the air. That type of pass regardless of the terrible D before it should lead to a deflection since its being thrown high. I’d be just as upset if the ball morphed through the defender.

Increasing the shooting fouls called is a better way to balance the gameplay here than to let the ball morph through on the wrong type of pass.
I really wish the game had as much depth as you're suggesting....but it doesn't. The type of pass doesn't matter in that situation (but it'd be nice if it did) You can throw high passes (making the recipient jump) and entry the ball into the post despite the defender this year.

But even still the defender has left his feet for a block--he's completely out of defensive position...he doesn't get to have it both ways.

But here's a bounce pass in the same situation--same result....the missed block deflects the ball. And this time the defender comes down on the offensive player. NO CALL:

I didn't understand your point re: shooting fouls...did you mean calling the stuff users constantly get away with, like Jordan in the clip above?

Last edited by Kushmir; 11-02-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:46 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Yeah I really meant the situations ( they’re not all shooting) where a guy jumps up in the air and his momentum forces him to land on offensive player resulting in a shooting or non shooting foul. I feel like calling that would help punish the triple jumpers and 2k doesn’t really call any jump shooting fouls this year.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »