Home

Pogo Stick & Intimidator Badges

This is a discussion on Pogo Stick & Intimidator Badges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

OVR: 0
Pogo Stick & Intimidator Badges

We gotta start a conversation on this.

These badges ruin my enjoyment of the game and I believe they do for most people here.

I havent felt this way since those completely gamebreaking exploits in years past where you could make any shot after a euro step.

So tired of 2k and their pedestrian changes for the inside game.

So tired of bad defenders & spammers getting rewarded for what should be an automatic 2 points or at least a shooting foul.

Someone tell me I aint crazy for feeling like this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 02:50 PM   #2
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pogo Stick & Intimidator Badges

You dont like guys getting 100 percent smothered for being in a 3 foot vicinity facing the wrong direction? Get gud bro

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-04-2019, 03:15 PM   #3
Pro

Vroman's Arena

They have to rethink this whole badge and "archetype" mess just to make things somewhat bearable and balanced. I'm 100% sure those badges gonna stay like they are for rest of the year because to fix it basically mean release new game.
How 2k balance badges is just give automatic success on certain areas so its almost like a card game where you just play "counters" or have your "cards" played in more powerful way than opponent.

Funniest thing about pogo stick is that one of gameplay improvement promise was "more punishment for early jumps" . However even with no defensive badges early jumps are very effective to bait attacker into canned brick layup animation.

Last edited by Vroman; 11-04-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakePostGreatAgain
We gotta start a conversation on this.

These badges ruin my enjoyment of the game and I believe they do for most people here.

I havent felt this way since those completely gamebreaking exploits in years past where you could make any shot after a euro step.

So tired of 2k and their pedestrian changes for the inside game.

So tired of bad defenders & spammers getting rewarded for what should be an automatic 2 points or at least a shooting foul.

Someone tell me I aint crazy for feeling like this
search my many threads on how 2k has nerfed big man scoring when going up against anyone with decent defense and these silly badges.

dudes are not good at defense at all. they are jumping at every fake, getting body blocks on the way up and down(no fouls called), making you do weird animations that you're not doing on purpose forcing you to NOT pump fake and go up with a bad shot making them think they just played good defense. No, that was 2k playing for me. making you blow layups, and blow dunks. DO NOT FORCE ME TO GET A BADGE called relentless finisher in order to get better release timing because the games release timing on layups is not accurate at all. telling you Very early, when its a clear full bar, saying its late when you let it go half way,etc, etc. not allowing a dunk animation to turn on when a bad defender is underneath the rim or even behind the backboard. it says 100% smothered. HOW SWAY? in real life, if a defender jumped to bother you that deep in the paint. he would break his fingers trying to block thru the backboard. it wouldnt scare a soul if a guy was that deep in the paint. 2k either has no understanding of big men and paint scoring or they do it on purpose for some other nefarious reason. There is no inbetween choice.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:34 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
They have to rethink this whole badge and "archetype" mess just to make things somewhat bearable and balanced. I'm 100% sure those badges gonna stay like they are for rest of the year because to fix it basically mean release new game.
How 2k balance badges is just give automatic success on certain areas so its almost like a card game where you just play "counters" or have your "cards" played in more powerful way than opponent.

Funniest thing about pogo stick is that one of gameplay improvement promise was "more punishment for early jumps" . However even with no defensive badges early jumps are very effective to bait attacker into canned brick layup animation.
2k has released new games. no excuses. fix it. how many 25+gb patches have we had on xbox? crazy. these are game sized patches. dont tell me what they can't do. yes they can. remember, you dont have these issues when playing in my career. all of a sudden your big man dunks a lot more even when you're playing known defensive minded centers. iTs only when you play online vs other my players and these silly badges do you have issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 03:46 PM   #6
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
2k has released new games. no excuses. fix it. how many 25+gb patches have we had on xbox? crazy. these are game sized patches. dont tell me what they can't do. yes they can. remember, you dont have these issues when playing in my career. all of a sudden your big man dunks a lot more even when you're playing known defensive minded centers. iTs only when you play online vs other my players and these silly badges do you have issues.
patch size got nothing to do with it, its just 2k policy since 2k17 or 2k18 to not patch things out . So whatever common exploit exist it cannot be fixed because "community" uproar .
In 2k16 2k did plenty good things with patches, but your common "dribble gawd youtuber" got too unhappy about having to learn how to play and 2k changed their ways completely since then.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #7
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
dudes are not good at defense at all. they are jumping at every fake, getting body blocks on the way up and down(no fouls called), making you do weird animations that you're not doing on purpose forcing you to NOT pump fake and go up with a bad shot making them think they just played good defense. No, that was 2k playing for me. making you blow layups, and blow dunks. DO NOT FORCE ME TO GET A BADGE called relentless finisher in order to get better release timing because the games release timing on layups is not accurate at all. telling you Very early, when its a clear full bar, saying its late when you let it go half way,etc, etc. not allowing a dunk animation to turn on when a bad defender is underneath the rim or even behind the backboard. it says 100% smothered. HOW SWAY? in real life, if a defender jumped to bother you that deep in the paint. he would break his fingers trying to block thru the backboard. it wouldnt scare a soul if a guy was that deep in the paint. 2k either has no understanding of big men and paint scoring or they do it on purpose for some other nefarious reason. There is no inbetween choice.
Amen

Last time I got smothered by a man behind the backboard while alone in the restricted area I almost caught an aneurysm

At least in 2k19 you could catch them with an up and under for the foul, usually. This year it is like their contest persists throughout the entire swat block animation.

Last edited by MakePostGreatAgain; 11-04-2019 at 06:29 PM. Reason: shrink quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

If you’ve read 2k reddit and twitter this was going to happen. Bigs were whining all year because they were still playing defense like 2k19. They believe hands up defense should be a strong contest to sum up their complaints they wanted paint defense easier and this is how 2k went about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »