Home

When did the atmosphere get so good?

This is a discussion on When did the atmosphere get so good? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2019, 04:41 PM   #1
Rookie

Papi34's Arena

OVR: 7
When did the atmosphere get so good?

I used to be a big sports gamer, but life gets in the way as we get older and spare time becomes less. I had a rare free day today and after watching the great patriots at ravens game, thought I’d fritter away a day playing sports games.
I picked up NBA 2K19 dirt cheap earlier this year, but have hardly touched it. Had a few games today and the atmosphere blew me away. Granted, I have a pretty sweet AV setup, especially Dolby Atmos audio, but what I was seeing and hearing was what I always dreamed of in sports games.

A guest spot from Bill Simmons for a quarter caught me off guard, but it was the crowd noise and situational commentary that had my jaw on the floor. I was playing an NBA today game as the warriors against the blazers and it was a great game with a few swings in momentum, but the 4th quarter felt like a playoff game. In the last two minutes it was a one point game, swinging each way, and with 22 seconds left the blazers went up by two and you could hear the air go out of the arena. As Steph worked his way up the court the noise started building again, and when Durant hit a three from the corner with 5 seconds left, the place (and Clark Kellog) went nuts and the noise was deafening (I like it loud).
The blazers called a time-out and I loved how the commentary was talking about taking a deep breath and playing for overtime, while the crowd were going nuts in the background. Lillard drove for the basket, but came up short and I held on for the win.
The whole game, I was caught up in everything and there was nothing jarring that spoiled the immersion and reminded me I was playing a video game. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time and loved every minute. I’m sure every game won’t be like that, but I’m definitely back to being a sports gamer with what limited time I have.

I’ve spent the whole night wondering what NFL 2K20 would have been like.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #2
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: When did the atmosphere get so good?

Wow. For all of the flack 2k gets regarding this, great to see/hear someone appreciate what they did do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »