Home

Christmas Thread 2019 “Hallmark Style”

This is a discussion on Christmas Thread 2019 “Hallmark Style” within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Christmas Thread 2019 “Hallmark Style”

50 days until the big day and may I be one of the first to wish you a Merry Christmas. This season will have a bit of a dual countdown, because on December 19/20 (depending on your theater) Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker comes out. I’m extremely excited for both.

This year, The Stewart’s welcomed a new baby boy into our lives. He was born 2 months early on May 24th (see the 24??? It was meant to be), and he was only 3 pounds 10 ounces. Now Christian is over 14 pounds and is doing extremely well. His sister Mary loves him with all her heart. I love these two more than words can say and I’m passing down my love for Christmas, Sports and Star Wars to them both. I bring this up because, 2 kids make things harder to do. Decorating the house use to take 1 day. Today is the 5th and we are still not finished. Today, I will put up the garland on the railings and then spend 3 hours vacuuming the needles, sparkles and glitter. The only downside of Christmas is the needles. So many needles and we don’t have real trees.

So, with that all out of the way, I’ll post picture this evening of the house.

I know for some this may be too early and it may also be a little painful because of someone you love passing on. If it’s too early, we will be here when you’re ready. If it’s the latter, I’m so sorry for your lose and any pain this thread caused. I truly am.

So, have you started watching the Hallmark channel? Up here it’s call the W network. Leave it to a women’s network to do Christmas right! New cheesy Christmas movies and old classics. I love them because they are cheesy and that it gives me and my wife something Christmas-y to watch together. The movies all have a guy in plaid who lives out in the country and the lady of interest comes from the city and needs a break from the hustle of city life. A tried and true format if you ask me.

I look forward to starting this thread every year and I love that we get all the old regulars back and some new ones as well. It’s great for getting ideas for gifts for decorating, stories from your past related to Christmas and to share horrible/funny/embarrassing stories of family gathers during the holidays.

Please share photos of your Christmas celebrations and your decorations. When we all share, it makes this thread a lot of fun. I’ve taken many ideas from the OS members with regards to decorations and gift ideas.

Well everyone, Merry Christmas and let the fun begin.

Last edited by mike24forever; 11-05-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 02:10 PM   #2
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

Re: Christmas Thread 2019 “Hallmark Style”

I’m not saying this thread should be ”stickied” but....
Old 11-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #3
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
This year, The Stewart’s welcomed a new baby boy into our lives. He was born 2 months early on May 24th (see the 24??? It was meant to be), and he was only 3 pounds 10 ounces. Now Christian is over 14 pounds and is doing extremely well. His sister Mary loves him with all her heart.
I'm not a father so I'm not going to pretend I know what this would be like, but I'd imagine it was rough. Good to hear he's doing well.

I don't know if Pluto TV is a thing outside the US, but they launched four holiday channels. Two movie channels, one of the usual fireplace, and one with slow-moving scenes set to holiday music. Those last two are there more as 'background at your party' channels obviously.

Still a little early for me to get into things yet, but the temperatures dropped and apparently the local station here is switching over to Christmas music in about two hours so I'm guessing it'll feel like it soon enough.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #4
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

Thanks Smash. It was the scariest thing I’ve ever been through. When I was told we could take him home...one of the best moments of my life.

SiriusXM has Hallmark channel up and running since the 25th of October. Star 102.5fm flipped on November 1st and the local station in Toronto 98.1 CHFI will flip on November 15 when the 115th Santa Claus parade.

Having kids make the holidays so much fun. I’m loving Christmas even more.

I notice Liverpool and 23 have checked in. Welcome gentlemen.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

We are already in the x-mas spirit. Already watched The Polar Express and the Rankin/Bass cartoons. We are watching Elf tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #6
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
We are already in the x-mas spirit. Already watched The Polar Express and the Rankin/Bass cartoons. We are watching Elf tonight.
T’was The Night Before Christmas Rankin/Bass is my absolute favourite Christmas special ever. My daughter now love the show “with the mice”.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

my granddaughter will turn one a week before Christmas so I expect this will be the best Christmas for me personally in the last ten years. also, I'll be in the theatre for Rise opening night, and if it is even just a little better than the last Jedi, I'll see it again Christmas afternoon.

A Work in Progress
Old 11-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #8
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

Here are a few photos from our home.20191105_173754.jpeg20191105_173728.jpeg20191105_173710.jpeg20191105_173612.jpeg20191105_173556.jpeg20191105_173539.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N970W using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »