Home

For offline play with cpu or friends how does 2k20 rate?

This is a discussion on For offline play with cpu or friends how does 2k20 rate? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2019, 05:13 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
For offline play with cpu or friends how does 2k20 rate?

Compared to the other 2k games? I considered 16 to be the best IMO.. how is 20 in comparison?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2019, 06:26 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: For offline play with cpu or friends how does 2k20 rate?

I never played 2K16 but I've loved 2K20's offline gameplay so far.

In the interest of full disclosure, I found 2K19's gameplay to be maddening and generally unrealistic in some core elements. I was someone who couldn't stand when I'd jab-step and draw a defender off-balance (opening up a driving lane) only to watch the computer magically recover and wall up. Same thing seemed to happen on fast breaks and numerous other moments where the offensive player clearly should have had an edge.

2K20 has been wonderful in that regard. The opening weekend was rough then something just sort of clicked. Now I have a much better feeling of being able to out-basketball the opposition (as opposed to out-video-gaming them). Depending on the difficulty level, there have been times where the defense can feel just slightly more porous than one would hope (along the sideline in secondary transition) but I can't stress enough that I'd take that any day of the week over the brick wall defenders who were not susceptible to life physics.

As an aside, it also may be worth noting that I'm still not totally fluid with the ball handling. I have a few go-to stick inputs that I can generally get to work mostly well but the deeper stuff is tough to master so far, in part because I can't remember how to do everything.

Also, if you have any classic team interests, as I feel I've seen you mention from time to time, this game is probably the best classic team experience since 2K12 with many facets far exceeding anything we've seen.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:24 PM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0

It's honestly great for offline play. I play offline 5v5 with my friends mostly and we have fun competitive matches all the time. And like he said above, the variety of classic team are also good. We've had a few little issues with gameplay, but were able to fix some through sliders. Now vs the CPU, things can get a bit more annoying depending on gameplay difficulty, but it's still lot's of fun and can be challenging. There are a few small gameplay issues, but overall, i'd say the game is pretty solid offline. Imo it's better than 16.

Last edited by WarMMA; 11-07-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #4
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

I play mostly offline against friends and cpu.
For me, the gameplay is the best it's ever been.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Best it's ever been from an offline gameplay standpoint. Some general bugs in offline modes like MyLeague, many of which have been persistent for years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2019, 03:11 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

I think it is good for offline play as well. I only play HOF head to head and it plays great except the shooting is a little unforgiving at 45 on HOF. The games become a who can beat up the paint for points because the jump shots are so unreliable.

On HOF I would bump the mid and 3 point shooting up to a 48 or 49 for more realistic shooting.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Outside of the yearly issues with lack of fouls, poor CPU management on foul trouble and timeouts, the game is great. I only play offline, and IMO overall, its the best gameplay ever for a basketball game, except for the issues I mentioned, that hurt the realistic side of things, and there is also a lack of non steal turnovers, but I believe with the right slider settings, that could be improved, although Ive not quit got their just yet.

I only play offline, and while I havent started a MyLeague yet, I have heard it has the same issues it always has unfortunately. I run 30 team control, so while I dont like having to micro manage its not really a deal breaker for me.

I just like the overall flow of the game, it just feels so much better than ever before. So despite being disappointed in the devs for continuing to ignore the same flaws yrs after yr that has always plagued NBA2k, I am enjoying NBA2k20 more so than I have enjoyed any basketball game since CH2k8.

While its upsetting they didnt make the WNBA players editable, and I wish they could have made it so you could run a ML with the WNBA, and woman's draft classes, playing season mode with them has been fun, while I work on draft classes, and edit roster for ML before starting my Association, along with getting sliders adjusted where I want it, which is always a chore trying to get it as realistic as possible.

My guess is this was a test run with the WNBA, and we will see editable players, draft classes, and ML for them in the future. Even though sim stats are screwed up terribly in the WNBA season mode, and its not fixable by sim sliders in season mode, its still fun to play, just got to overlook that part, which has always been extremely hard for me, as Im very OCD about sim stats.
Crappy sim stats has ruined many games over the yrs for me, in NBA2k, Madden and MLBTS, but Im trying to overcome that, and just enjoy the games for what they are, as they have came along way, since I was a kid, when the 1st Atari came out, lol.

IMO from a overall standpoint, gameplay, deep franchise mode, and just the fun factor, due to the flow of the game being more realistic than ever, NBA2k20 is the best sports game ever made, it has Madden and MLBTS beat and those are the only video games I play.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 11-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 4

Gameplay is the best its been in a while.

Game is extremely easy and offers no challenge though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »