Home

Load mangement needs to go!

This is a discussion on Load mangement needs to go! within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2019, 04:36 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Load mangement needs to go!

This whole load mangement is the worst part of the nba today and makes zero sense and just needs to stop. 1. You are cheating fans who pay good money.

2 Depending on how many games you sit and the recorder in those games you may end up costing your team 5 wins or maybe even more.

3 goes with that but by missing those games and costing your team you may end up with a lower seed and not having home court or having a harder match up that could be the difference in you winning or not.

4 guys didnt used to do this so why now?

5 players are already playing less minutes then before. Now days the guys who play the most minutes are playing like 37-38 a game remember when it was more like 40-41.

6 several years ago they made all star break longer and teams play less back to backs. So guys are playing less minutes and getting more rest between games then before when this was not a thing.

7 with load mangement what happends if someone does get hurt early in the season? Do you then not load mangement them later in the year so they dont miss even more games? For example say KL at game 20 of the year for the team is playing his 16th game and now gets hurt and misses like 10 games from injury. Once he gets back do you still sit him like 2 out of ever 10 games?

8 goes kind of with 7 but if you do load mangement it kind of makes it so a injury is even more costly sense player is already going to miss 10-20 games even if they dont get hurt.

9 it gives more of a reason behind the idea of making the season shorter something i dont want because people didnt use to complain about the season being to long for peoples heath.

10 if you are going to sit out you should not be payed for those games.

11. Not only are there less back to back games and guys are playing less minutes then before and a longer all star break but on top of it there is more they can do for injures now days and better medican to take. All in all this load mangement crap just shows how soft players have truly gotten in todays nba. The only good thing is with KL doing it so much its going to help my lakers have a better shot at winning the championship because with him doing this i see nuggets, lakers, jazz all finishing with better recorders and maybe even some of teams meanning harder match ups for clippers and not having home court.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 11-08-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Load mangement needs to go!

1) Eliminate back to backs.

2) If you really want to squash it, institute a rule where for every regular season game you skip a game due to load management you're forced to sit out a game in the playoffs. You sit out three games to rest? You're missing the first three games of the opening round of the playoffs, assuming you make it of course. Maybe strike a compromise where each player gets two load management games a year and after that they start the 1:1 rule of missing playoff games.

I don't have a problem with load management from a player/coach/team perspective. The reality of the NBA is that the regular season is largely meaningless. It's always been that way, it's just that more people are accepting of it these days and they're now adjusting their strategy accordingly.

It stinks for the fans though. NBA tickets aren't cheap in many cities; if I'm paying $175 I want to see the stars play. Having marquee nationally televised games turned into duds because stars sit out is a terrible look for fans. But again, it's a tricky situation. Every team's goal is to win a championship--not to have their starters play all 82 games--and given the current NBA set up it makes sense to institute some form of load management for certain players. There of course is a balance and the Clippers and Kawhi are at one end of the extreme.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-08-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

I don't know if it's because I'm not feeling well on this chilly Friday morning, but man this was hard to read.

Smallville, I honestly do not think the coaches care about losing 4,5,6 games due to load management. These players have to be able to take care of themselves, so it kind of is what it is
Old 11-08-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_OS
I don't know if it's because I'm not feeling well on this chilly Friday morning, but man this was hard to read.
Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Copied my comments from the game discussion thread:

Nobody gets upset in MLB when teams rest their everyday players throughout the season.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
All Star

I dont buy that regular season dont matter because home court and seeding do matter. The lower the seeding the harder it is going to be to win a championship.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #7
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_OS

Smallville, I honestly do not think the coaches care about losing 4,5,6 games due to load management. These players have to be able to take care of themselves, so it kind of is what it is
Well it does hurt to lose extra games, and with how deep the west is this year its going to hurt even more. If KL sits 20 games it could be the difference between them being like a 2 seed and like a 5th seed or something.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
Copied my comments from the game discussion thread:

Nobody gets upset in MLB when teams rest their everyday players throughout the season.
I guess that is true but you also didnt have guys doing this back in like early 2000s even though like i said guys where playing more minutes and even though you had more back to backs and a shorter all star break. Only the last few years has the idea of 82 games a season been talked about has to long of a season for health and players body's. LJ is like 6-7,years older then KL and he has way more wear and tear and he is not load mangement him self for like 20 games a year. Heck on average he has only missed 6.5 games a year and most of those have been when he is injured. Only a few when he has been health. Only time players should not play is if the team towards the end of the year is already locked in there seeding with like 1-2 games left.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »