Home

The Time is Now... A Madden 20 Mission

This is a discussion on The Time is Now... A Madden 20 Mission within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2019, 06:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Time is Now... A Madden 20 Mission

The Time is Now...

Backstory

I absolutely love playing franchise modes in sports games. Each year I make a few career modes in Madden, NBA 2k, and FIFA. My original favorite was Franchise Mode in Madden, but in recent years I've found myself more disconnected from the game, mostly blaming the iffy game play and an internal struggle with sliders and stats. This year I've found myself to be actually enjoying the game again, but found myself struggling to stick with my original Dolphins Franchise. Recently I had the idea to do something that I've done before, I've simmed the current year to be one year ahead in the future, letting the CPU do its thing for all the teams. After this simulation completed, I found myself aiming for three teams: Cincinnati, Washington, and Atlanta. All three I thought would be challenging, but I really debated with myself if I wanted to do yet another "from the ground up" rebuild. I really like the aspect of having a story line to go alongside the actual decisions of the franchise, for this reason I decided to go on a mission to get Matt Ryan and the Falcons a Super Bowl before he retires. This, of course, will be difficult as the roster currently has many holes on both sides of the ball and has aging super stars. I'm hoping that this story line approach, along with this Dynasty thread will keep me in-tune with the franchise, and help me keep it going for as long as Madden 20 lasts.

Rules: I always set forth some rules to keep it interesting and "sim" style for myself.

1.) Play every regular and post season game in full.
2.) Allow only one non-off season free agent signing (starting caliber) per year.
3.) Allow only one trade per season
4.) Play and transact as sim style as possible

Sliders and Settings: I'm still doing some experimenting with sliders, but I believe I'll be sticking with Matt10's set, tweaking where I see fit. I will be using 15 minutes quarters because I'm picky that way, but if I find it impacts play count too much it will be adjusted.

Backstory - In Game

The year is 2020, and after another year of missed expectations in the form is losing out on a playoff berth, the Atlanta Falcons once again find themselves stuck in the middle of the pack. Finishing the 2019-2020 season at .500 left the Falcons short of a playoff berth, falling behind yet again to division rivals the New Orleans Saints. Ever since the blunder that was Super Bowl 51, the Atlanta Falcons just haven't been the same, appearing to be on a steep decline. Whether because of a crushing Super Bowl curse, or the brand new stadium, fans have to be screaming out "enough is enough".

Aric Nunez

The Atlanta Falcons have made the decision to move on from head coach Dan Quinn. Though Quinn's 44-36 record is a solid one, ownership has determined that the time has come to boast a Super Bowl or Bust attitude, and have decided to start to clean house.

In comes young rookie head coach Aric Nunez, following a recent trend of younger NFL head coaches being brought into the league. With this young gun comes years of football experience, having played running back and corner back in high school, making the full commitment to playing tailback after being offered a scholarship by Northern Illinois University. After graduating with a four year degree in business administration, Nunez pursued a career in football, being able to land a job with NIU as an assistant coach for running backs. Moving rather quickly up the ranks, Nunez has held the position of offensive coordinator for SIU, EIU, and Iowa State before being offered the position at his alma mater. His first offer for a head coach job came in two years later, being offered by the University of Texas at El Paso. He would stay for four years, boasting a 35-17 record, and two bowl wins. This then led to his biggest opportunity yet, head coach of the Norhwestern Wildcats, his dream school. Two years would yield a 20-8 record and another bowl game victory. The big question now is this; can this young mastermind translate his short, yet successful football resume to the professional level?

The task proves difficult. With aging, yet still sharp veterans in quarterback Matt Ryan, wide receiver Julio Jones, and corner back Desmond Trufant, Nunez definitely has a solid core of players to help him in his first season. The 2019-2020 off season also brought in some young help, with the signings of key rookies on both sides of the ball. Tight end Brycen Hopkins out of Purdue, and corner back Paulson Adebo out of Stanford are promising, and look to make an immediate impact. Nunez will take all of the help he can get, especially with deep holes on the offensive line and defensive front seven that are yet to be addressed. With roster issues and a rough-and-tough division to fend off, can Aric Nunez be effective sooner rather than later? Time will tell.

The 2019-2020 Season

2020 Playoff Tree

2020 NFL Draft

1st Round: I've decided to only include the first round for the entire league, just to show where most of the big names landed.

Spoiler

Atlanta Falcons: The entire draft class for the Atlanta Falcons (drafted by the CPU)

Spoiler

The 2020-2021 Season

The Roster

Transactions

Free Agent: MLB Todd Davis, preseason free agency signing.

Preseason Cut: QB Kurt Benkert

Preseason Cut: HB Lavon Coleman

Preseason Cut: DT Jacob Tuioti-Mariner

Preseason Cut: CB Derrick Baity Jr

Preseason Cut: LE Carroll Phillips

Preseason Cut: LE Xavier Cooper

Preseason Cut: LE Jeremiah Ledbetter

Preseason Cut: CB Jordan Miller

2021 Playoff Tree

2021 NFL Draft

Last edited by Trikz; 11-22-2019 at 01:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Time is Now... A Madden 20 Mission

Previews and Results

Preseason 2020

Week 1: Houston Texans @ Atlanta Falcons

Depth Chart:
Spoiler

Result and Stats:
Spoiler

Week 2: Atlanta Falcons @ Baltimore Ravens

Depth Chart:
Spoiler

Result and Stats:
Spoiler

Week 3: Kansas City Chiefs @ Atlanta Falcons

Depth Chart:
Spoiler

Result and Stats:
Spoiler

Week 4: Atlanta Falcons @ Tennessee Titans

Depth Chart:
Spoiler

Injury Report:
Spoiler

Result and Stats:
Spoiler

Regular Season 2020

Week 1: Atlanta Falcons @ San Francisco 49ers

Depth Chart:
Spoiler

Injury Report:
Spoiler

Result and Stats:

Around the League:

Last edited by Trikz; 11-22-2019 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: The Time is Now... A Madden 20 Mission

Reserved for announcements

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »