Home

Still hands down, the best sports game this year!

This is a discussion on Still hands down, the best sports game this year! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2019, 09:49 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Still hands down, the best sports game this year!

I've played this game since release pretty much daily. It's got Madden beat by a mile, it tops NHL and even though NBA 2K is improved from last year, they don't hold a candle next to The Show... From modes, to extras, to diamond dynasty...

FIFA is solid too, but again, it just cannot beat the show. I can't wait for next year, to see what they do to improve on this... I've gotten every pennies worth for the 100 bucks I laid out for this game. And then some.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2019, 09:52 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Still hands down, the best sports game this year!

Love your enthusiasm, but let’s not get crazy. The Shows franchise mode is absolutely terrible and doesn’t hold a candle to NBA 2K My League mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-11-2019, 09:59 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I just wish the average Joe could appreciate this game as much in terms of sales versus Madden, NBA2K and FIFA. The kind of upgrades Sony could afford to put in if a baseball game was the top selling sports game of the year, would blow us all away. That's whats so frustrating with the Show, knowing how great it is yet how much room for growth there could be is equally mind blowing

A Work in Progress
Old 11-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #4
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

I remember when I shared that same enthusiasm for this series. Then I felt like I played the same game/franchise mode for 3 years straight and it slowly went away.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 11-11-2019, 11:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

NHL is better too, Created and moved 8 teams (like florida,arizona etc) all in one franchise, its been a blast!
Cant do that in MLB thanks to the DD stuff (wanting you to use that created team for DD/moments only)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2019, 08:12 AM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
I've played this game since release pretty much daily. It's got Madden beat by a mile, it tops NHL and even though NBA 2K is improved from last year, they don't hold a candle next to The Show... From modes, to extras, to diamond dynasty...

FIFA is solid too, but again, it just cannot beat the show. I can't wait for next year, to see what they do to improve on this... I've gotten every pennies worth for the 100 bucks I laid out for this game. And then some.
I can't speak for how it compares to the other sports games as I don't play them, but I agree with the overall sentiment that MLB '19 is damn good game.

I am currently starting my 3rd season having played every game and the game continues to provide enjoyment and feel fresh after all this time.

Hopefully this is the year that I win the World Series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC

I know this is your opinion but you couldnt be more wrong. The shows career mode is NOTHING compared to 2k, the AI is horrific in the mode. Franchise mode is INCREDIBLY barebones compared to 2k, NHL and even Madden. Nothing about the mode is customizable. You pick a team, make trades, sign people, sim or play games. 2k, you can relcoate teams complete alter the league customize things add teams etc NHL same thing, Madden you can relocate teams, rebuild and build new stadiums. DD completely ruined MLB the Show. Its the one sports game who had little to no changes the past 3 years. No little things, like RTTS perks and real life contracts dont count.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:31 AM   #8
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb6
I know this is your opinion but you couldnt be more wrong. The shows career mode is NOTHING compared to 2k, the AI is horrific in the mode. Franchise mode is INCREDIBLY barebones compared to 2k, NHL and even Madden. Nothing about the mode is customizable. You pick a team, make trades, sign people, sim or play games. 2k, you can relcoate teams complete alter the league customize things add teams etc NHL same thing, Madden you can relocate teams, rebuild and build new stadiums. DD completely ruined MLB the Show. Its the one sports game who had little to no changes the past 3 years. No little things, like RTTS perks and real life contracts dont count.
That's not how that works...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »