Home

As a big man Quick Draw has been 1 of the most frustrating additions to the game

This is a discussion on As a big man Quick Draw has been 1 of the most frustrating additions to the game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2019, 12:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry As a big man Quick Draw has been 1 of the most frustrating additions to the game

2k does not think these things through. I shot great in 2k18. 2k19 I was iffy, but if you left me open long enough I'd hit consistently. 2k20? A whole different story.

Firstly its bad enough big men have terrible mid range, so you now add Quick Draw to the mix??? The Mid Range is practically non existent for 90% of big man builds because most cannot aquire Gold Quick Draw. And it gets worse, I find out quick draw applies to Post Fade. So now I'm struggling in both mid-range and Post Fade until I upgrade again. Yes Silver is horrible, I hold the bottom down for what seems like a decade and still get slight early release

The Big man meta is a complete disaster, maybe I haven't ran into the right players, but they all practically sit underneath the post the entire game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: As a big man Quick Draw has been 1 of the most frustrating additions to the game

I’m with you. I can’t stand quick draw. Really nothing else to add.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:41 AM   #3
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: As a big man Quick Draw has been 1 of the most frustrating additions to the game

The move to a badge heavy system has actually fundamentally undermined some of the best elements of this game.

It just reinforces the meta - which makes the game inaccessible and not user friendly.

I can’t hit floaters with Devin Booker...

Badges should be like traits, with small animation unlocks, but ratings should drive the core tenets of the game.

It beggars belief they went this direction - which was sadly a response to other core fundamental tenets of the game being broken (most notably the presence of more effective jump shots than others).

I have to waste 2 finishing badges on consistent finisher purely because the game is laggy as hell and the animation selection for layups is beyond my control.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Post players got shafted in a lot of ways this year.

Tying the quick draw badge to the speed of post animations (hooks, fades, hops) makes no sense to me. I'm cool with it affecting jump shooters, but it shouldn't affect post players in any way. You have to waste 3 shooting badges and get quick draw to gold just to make your post animations fast enough to where they won't get heavily contested.

Then they split up all of the post skills (hook, fade, drop step, spin, dream shake) across three different pie charts (slasher, sharpshooter, playmaker) so that there's no way to make a player with all of the post skills. Instead, you have to specialize in one or two of them and leave the others out of your move list.

And for some reason in the MyPlayer builder tiny guards have the highest post fade rating and increasing your height/wingspan makes you worse at post moves. The exact opposite should be true.

Quote:
I have to waste 2 finishing badges on consistent finisher purely because the game is laggy as hell and the animation selection for layups is beyond my control.
It seems like standing layups always register as "late" no matter when you let go of the ball. So as a big man you have to waste badge points on consistent finisher just to not clank wide open layups because most layup animations around the basket are broken to where there's no way to time them correctly.

Last edited by jyoung; 11-18-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Tying the quick draw badge to the speed of post animations (hooks, fades, hops) makes no sense to me. I'm cool with it affecting jump shooters, but it shouldn't affect post players in any way.

Then they split up all of the post skills (hook, fade, drop step, spin, dream shake) across three different pie charts (slasher, sharpshooter, playmaker) so that there's no way to make a player with all of the post skills. Instead, you have to specialize in one or two of them and leave the others out of your move list.
you have to pretty much sacrifice defense to make a real post scorer and nobody is running with a big who cant defend/rebound with glass/locks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 03:26 AM   #6
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Tying the quick draw badge to the speed of post animations (hooks, fades, hops) makes no sense to me. I'm cool with it affecting jump shooters, but it shouldn't affect post players in any way. You have to waste 3 shooting badges and get quick draw to gold just to make your post animations fast enough to where they won't get heavily contested.

And for some reason in the MyPlayer builder tiny guards have the highest post fade rating and increasing your height/wingspan makes you worse at post moves. The exact opposite should be true.

It seems like standing layups always register as "late" no matter when you let go of the ball. So as a big man you have to waste badge points on consistent finisher just to not clank wide open layups because most layup animations around the basket are broken to where there's no way to time them correctly.
quick draw affects hook shots?????

how and why....

only have 4 shooting badges lol
have fade on silver.
dead eye on bronze and hot zone hunter on bronze.

seems illl have to juggle this around if that is true.......

ill be testing this later today.

this would be ******** quite frankly.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:08 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
quick draw affects hook shots?????

how and why....

only have 4 shooting badges lol
have fade on silver.
dead eye on bronze and hot zone hunter on bronze.

seems illl have to juggle this around if that is true.......

ill be testing this later today.

this would be ******** quite frankly.
I haven't tested hookshots, but thinking back, I have a post scorer with a high hook shot rating but the animation really does seem slow.

If you're post scorer you want gold Quick draw. Hell Anything regarding shooting you want gold. You might be able to get away with Silver, but I doubt it.

What Pie Chart is your build? I'm experimenting with a new Post Scorer and the potential is huge. 12 finishing badges, 16 shooting badges, 16 Playing making badges, and 9 defense badges. At 7'1 with slightly shorter wing span, can space the floor, score inside, and fade. Thinking of upping the shooting badges to get Quick Draw HOF, but that means taking away from Finishing or Playing Making
Old 11-20-2019, 07:28 AM   #8
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
I haven't tested hookshots, but thinking back, I have a post scorer with a high hook shot rating but the animation really does seem slow.

If you're post scorer you want gold Quick draw. Hell Anything regarding shooting you want gold. You might be able to get away with Silver, but I doubt it.

What Pie Chart is your build? I'm experimenting with a new Post Scorer and the potential is huge. 12 finishing badges, 16 shooting badges, 16 Playing making badges, and 9 defense badges. At 7'1 with slightly shorter wing span, can space the floor, score inside, and fade. Thinking of upping the shooting badges to get Quick Draw HOF, but that means taking away from Finishing or Playing Making
Got a full finishing build.

only got 4 shooting badges but i make a living out of hookshots.

currently have hot zone on bronze, dead eye on bronze and deep fade on silver with an 85 post fade.

could hit fades decently.

Deep hooks with pro touch and hot zone is a pretty nasty combo.

On fades dead eye works when people try to contest.

Backdown punisher is also a good way to create some space.

If you do the pushback and then go right away with a hook/fade it creates enough space to get a little contested shot.

Quick draw could make it even better if it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »