Home

Any suggestion for poor play calling by the CPU?

This is a discussion on Any suggestion for poor play calling by the CPU? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Any suggestion for poor play calling by the CPU?

I’m a CPU vs CPU guy. I’m seeing a lot of instances when the CPU throws on first and second down and will run the ball on 3rd and long which results in being stopped short with lots of punts.

Tom Brady is throwing for 2 and 3 yard gains on first and second downs and many times throws short on 3rd down or they run the ball again on a draw which is stopped.

I only have 1 controller. Is there a way to fix this or download a better set of CPU plays using only 1 controller?

Also, I’m using That Franchise Guys roster download if that matters.

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 11-21-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Any suggestion for poor play calling by the CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
I’m a CPU vs CPU guy. I’m seeing a lot of instances when the CPU throws on first and second down and will run the ball on 3rd and long which results in being stopped short with lots of punts.

Tom Brady is throwing for 2 and 3 yard gains on first and second downs and many times throws short on 3rd down or they run the ball again on a draw which is stopped.

I only have 1 controller. Is there a way to fix this or download a better set of CPU plays using only 1 controller?

If using one controller I believe you can only assign a custom book you create to one team...the one you control in Play Now.. I think you have to have 2 controllers to assign 2 custom books - one for human and one for CPU in PLAY NOW EXHIBITION. I don't think this is possible yet in CFM unless they changed that.

You would need to download a custom book that addresses these issues, or create your own and go through the down and distance stuff to add or delete plays...and rate them.

C
Old 11-21-2019, 03:38 PM   #3
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
If using one controller I believe you can only assign a custom book you create to one team...the one you control in Play Now.. I think you have to have 2 controllers to assign 2 custom books - one for human and one for CPU in PLAY NOW EXHIBITION. I don't think this is possible yet in CFM unless they changed that.

You would need to download a custom book that addresses these issues, or create your own and go through the down and distance stuff to add or delete plays...and rate them.

C
I'm not sure what it is right now without going back to look, but do you think the difficulty level would have any effect? Would a higher level make the offense more aggressive or would it make the defense more aggressive suggesting a switch the other direction to a lesser difficulty level?

The mode I'm playing is offline franchise. I'm in the preseason right now and having both teams controlled by the CPU. If I buy a second controller, do you think I would be able to assign playbooks to both teams or not? I'd be willing to buy a second controller if need be.

Thanks for helping me with this.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:42 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

The best guy to talk to you about this is tommycoa here on OS. Send him a PM and he can walk you through what works and what does not. He creates sliders for CPU vs CPU (check out the slider forum). He knows this stuff like the back of his hand...

C
Old 11-21-2019, 05:52 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Check out my slider set. Got it looking pretty good right now. I’m using the active ea rosters. Having a custom roster could definitely be jacking your results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »