Home

Why is MyCareer so Hard for casual players?

This is a discussion on Why is MyCareer so Hard for casual players? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2019, 12:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why is MyCareer so Hard for casual players?

I play on pro and still find it way too hard. Yes I suck but I'm only a casual player, I only play the game for 1-2 hours a night after work so don't have time to be a god at the game unfortunately. I have a 90 overall SG with all HOF shooting badges and I average around 50 points a game with 9 rebounds and 8 assists which is decent.

I also finished the regular season with the Bucks 75-7 so the regular season wasn't even the issue we blew teams out the water. Yet when the playoffs came around and we were up against the 8th seeded Magic (A team we swept in the regular season) suddenly the AI turned into shooting gods greening for fun and my dumb teammates constantly fouling them and missing easy jumpers.

I get that the playoffs are supposed to be more intense and harder but does it really have to be that difficult on pro? We ended up losing the series 4-2 and I just felt frustrated that all that effort in the regular season was just to get cheesed by the cheating cpu. If I didn't download it the disc would have been snapped. So yeah that's my rant, not sure if anyone has any suggestions but I just needed to vent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Why is MyCareer so Hard for casual players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzer86
I play on pro and still find it way too hard. Yes I suck but I'm only a casual player, I only play the game for 1-2 hours a night after work so don't have time to be a god at the game unfortunately. I have a 90 overall SG with all HOF shooting badges and I average around 50 points a game with 9 rebounds and 8 assists which is decent.

I also finished the regular season with the Bucks 75-7 so the regular season wasn't even the issue we blew teams out the water. Yet when the playoffs came around and we were up against the 8th seeded Magic (A team we swept in the regular season) suddenly the AI turned into shooting gods greening for fun and my dumb teammates constantly fouling them and missing easy jumpers.

I get that the playoffs are supposed to be more intense and harder but does it really have to be that difficult on pro? We ended up losing the series 4-2 and I just felt frustrated that all that effort in the regular season was just to get cheesed by the cheating cpu. If I didn't download it the disc would have been snapped. So yeah that's my rant, not sure if anyone has any suggestions but I just needed to vent.
this post is hilarious. you said its too hard on pro and you dropping 50 on em talking about thats alright. What do you want to do? Score 100 every game?

if you want to win when it gets hard. be a team player. pass more, hit your guys more. then get them hot, get that teamtakeover multiple times. the more you assist your guys while also scoring when need be the easier it is to score because they wont know when to double or not to double because you're constantly hitting the open guy.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
MVP

zello144's Arena

Mycareer is easy. Play on HOF for a real challenge. I stick on All star and I'm averaging 40 pts and 12 assists recently might bump up the difficulty.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:49 PM   #4
Rookie

For the most part it is easy, if you've been playing the mode since it started. It can be challenging at times if you play on hof with a bad team. Right now I'm playing on hof with the Knicks and I've had a few bad losses to better teams. I perfer all-star cause I feel it's the most balanced when playing against the CPU.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #5
Pro

50 8 9 yeah....that's decent.

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #6
Rookie

KG5FromTheBean's Arena

Playoffs are simple. Just simulate every game until you have 3 wins in the finals. If your team loses the sim, just quickly restart the game closing the app and restarting again. The game will restart at the beginning again. I normally play the clinching game of the finals.

You should be able to win the title every season without fail and fill up your trophy area.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:47 AM   #7
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG5FromTheBean
Playoffs are simple. Just simulate every game until you have 3 wins in the finals. If your team loses the sim, just quickly restart the game closing the app and restarting again. The game will restart at the beginning again. I normally play the clinching game of the finals.

You should be able to win the title every season without fail and fill up your trophy area.
So you're endorsing winning by not actually playing the game??
Sounds fun...
Old 11-24-2019, 01:24 AM   #8
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzer86
Yet when the playoffs came around and we were up against the 8th seeded Magic (A team we swept in the regular season) suddenly the AI turned into shooting gods greening for fun and my dumb teammates constantly fouling them and missing easy jumpers.

It sounds to me like you never learned how to work well with your team and the game punished you for it once to difficulty increased. If you want actual pointers my suggestion would be to turn playcalling to auto, play art to full, and let your teammates get in a rhythm with you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »